Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 07:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMR31 View Post
Hello everyone. A friend of mine moved to Franklin, TN from Miami, FL about two years ago. She loves it and the schools are great. I too am considering to move from Florida to Franklin but will have to visit her before I make my decision. I have never been in TN. I have three children and the eldest in 6th grade. The schools in Miami are terrible and would like to mover before he gets into hight schools. I main concern is that we are white but have a hispanic background therefore I am afraid that my children will be discriminated. So far my friend has not experienced any discrimination. She did mention that everyone is very friendly. Something we do not have here in Miami.
Hi. I wanted to see if you ever moved to Franklin.
My husband and I along with our 15 year old are possibly considering the move.
Our fear has always been the race issue. He's born and raised in Miami and I was born in NY and raised in Miami.
Cuban background. I would really like some feedback as we are really wanting to leave Miami.
We are both done with the city life. We are ready to leave south beach for the country life.
We want a feel of all 4 seasons, we want to surround ourselves with pleasant and nice folks.
Any feedback is welcomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 05:33 PM

39 posts, read 46,481 times
There are places on the outskirts that you might catch some glances. I am from Smith County(which is very Caucasian) and I definitely heard racist remarks as a kid because most if the people had never really dealt with opposite races.

If you live within Davidson, Wilson, Williamson, Sumner, Cheatham, And Robertson counties, I honestly do t think you'll ever have an issue. Just remember, there are jerks everywhere.

I actually live in St Louis currently and I've never seen a more racially divided city. It's bad. White people hang with white people in white neighborhoods. It's sort of unheard of to have a Melting pot of races and religions in a neighborhood here in St Louis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville