Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2010, 07:56 AM

274 posts, read 761,978 times

Advertisements

Do any of you have any info/advice on how to get a foot into Christian music industry jobs? Not as a performer, but as an assistant or secretarial, or whatever. That is where my heart is and would appreciate any info as to where to look for available positions. Feel free to pm me..Thanks~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 04:19 PM

144 posts, read 465,667 times
The best way is really to network through your church. There are a few churches where a lot of Christian musicians and people in the business attend in different parts of the city, but I don't want to broadcast it here (I'd feel sleazy like paparazzi). It's pretty common knowledge so ask around at your church. They are located in different parts of town (actually, most are a little out of "town" (Nashville proper).

Old 01-17-2010, 05:27 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Is that code for Franklin? The Starbucks in Cool Springs by Wolfgang Puck is a very popular gathering spot for that crowd.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:08 PM

39 posts, read 76,455 times
I probably wouldn't take the going-to-church with these folks method, as it A) compromises your ability to objectively choose a church, and B) is not a professional way of getting a job. Meaning... these artists don't even know half the people that work for them. Much less how to get people a job there. It's true, there are several music business people in these churches as well, but again - they don't go to church to find people to hire. They are there for the same reason as the rest of us.

If I were you, I would get involved in the local music scene in Nashville. Rub shoulders with these people in that environment. Also, for a lot of entry level positions, they will hire people with absolutely no experience. In many companies, you have start in the mail room or as a receptionist before you can even think about moving up in the company. They call it "paying your dues". The "elusive" industry job is not as elusive as everyone makes it sound. Just find what niche you want to work in (booking, management, publicity, record labels, etc) and apply. It'll take you further than you think.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:30 PM

145 posts, read 515,426 times
More often than not, it means starting as an unpaid college intern, working for college credits only and no income. Maybe then it can lead to a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: