U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 10:06 PM

28 posts, read 78,674 times

Advertisements

Hello, I need some recommendations of really nice apartments. I know there are a lot in Nashville, but I prefer the Brentwood area.

From what I've read, it seems ALL of Brentwood is a nice area but I would still like to know of all the really nice apartments that are there and what's cool about them. I've checked many apartment sites but they can be overwhelming sometimes, and all apartments are not shown.

I may be relocating in a couple of months from the north and can really use your help. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 10:07 AM

4,986 posts, read 4,407,478 times
I don't know a lot about the different apartments, but I wanted to give you one warning- if you want to be in Brentwood, make sure the apartments have an actual Brentwood address. There are tons of apartments that use Brentwood in their name, but some of them are actually in Antioch or other areas. As long as they have an actual Brentwood address, you should be fine. Part of Brentwood is in Davidson County, part in is Williamson County. The nicer apartments are in the Williamson County side, but the Brentwood sections of both are relatively safe & nice areas.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:52 PM

210 posts, read 509,256 times
Hummm..well the only appartment i know that are FOR SURE in Brentwood is The Landings, on Moores Lane. This area is also know as the Cool Springs area...and there are quite a few in that area but they might be on the Franklin side of Cool Springs...like Apsen Grove (they are really nice). There is also one complex off of Carothers Pkwy (i can not remember the name..although it is technically in Franklin you could spit into brentwood from there. Cool springs is just an area the straddles the Brentwood/Franklin line...and you have everything you could EVER need out your doorstep. There is also an apartment complex off og Church St. in Brentwood (i think), its pretty nice...but that area might be classifide nashville...kinda hard to tell. Please let me know if you need anything else and i will be more then happy to help out.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I don't know a lot about the different apartments, but I wanted to give you one warning- if you want to be in Brentwood, make sure the apartments have an actual Brentwood address. There are tons of apartments that use Brentwood in their name, but some of them are actually in Antioch or other areas. As long as they have an actual Brentwood address, you should be fine. Part of Brentwood is in Davidson County, part in is Williamson County. The nicer apartments are in the Williamson County side, but the Brentwood sections of both are relatively safe & nice areas.
Wow, I noticed that during my apartment search online. Kind of frustrating actually.

Thanks for info on the counties, will look into that.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntenn View Post
Hummm..well the only appartment i know that are FOR SURE in Brentwood is The Landings, on Moores Lane. This area is also know as the Cool Springs area...and there are quite a few in that area but they might be on the Franklin side of Cool Springs...like Apsen Grove (they are really nice). There is also one complex off of Carothers Pkwy (i can not remember the name..although it is technically in Franklin you could spit into brentwood from there. Cool springs is just an area the straddles the Brentwood/Franklin line...and you have everything you could EVER need out your doorstep. There is also an apartment complex off og Church St. in Brentwood (i think), its pretty nice...but that area might be classifide nashville...kinda hard to tell. Please let me know if you need anything else and i will be more then happy to help out.
Thanks so much for the info! The Landings seem to be a prospect right now and I've been told about that one before too. Looking forward to hearing about more apartments in Brentwood. I'm guessing there are not many complexes there?

Old 01-21-2010, 12:22 PM

37,482 posts, read 36,330,237 times
To get technical, none of the city of Brentwood is in Davidson County. If you want to live in the city of Brentwood, you have to live in Williamson County. Neighborhoods and businesses in the area that straddles Old Hickory Blvd. along the southern Davidson border often have a Brentwood address because they use the 37027 post office, which is technically in Davidson County.

There are hardly any apartments in Brentwood itself because the city has a one-house one-acre rule. (There is an OSRD zoning that gets around it but it is still not for apartments.) Brentwood also is a very expensive area. You would do well to rent in the Cool Springs area, which is very nice, safe and convenient to commercial/retail and the interstate. I think the previous poster was talking about the Alara apartments, which are very nice and a lot newer than The Landings.

Unless you are dead-set on having a Brentwood address, I can't think of a reason that renting in Brentwood would be better than, say, Alara or Wyndchase Aspen Grove, which are in the Cool Springs area of Franklin. You also might look into renting a condo in Brentwood Point.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
To get technical, none of the city of Brentwood is in Davidson County. If you want to live in the city of Brentwood, you have to live in Williamson County. Neighborhoods and businesses in the area that straddles Old Hickory Blvd. along the southern Davidson border often have a Brentwood address because they use the 37027 post office, which is technically in Davidson County.

There are hardly any apartments in Brentwood itself because the city has a one-house one-acre rule. (There is an OSRD zoning that gets around it but it is still not for apartments.) Brentwood also is a very expensive area. You would do well to rent in the Cool Springs area, which is very nice, safe and convenient to commercial/retail and the interstate. I think the previous poster was talking about the Alara apartments, which are very nice and a lot newer than The Landings.

Unless you are dead-set on having a Brentwood address, I can't think of a reason that renting in Brentwood would be better than, say, Alara or Wyndchase Aspen Grove, which are in the Cool Springs area of Franklin. You also might look into renting a condo in Brentwood Point.
Thank you! I was just looking into the Wyndchase Aspen Grove apartments. In fact, that is now a good prospect. A little bit more farther south than I wanted to be but like you said, that area is nice. I will check out Brentwood Point. Thanks for letting me know.

One thing that baffles me is that many of these apartments only have washer/dryer hookups and you have to rent them. I may have to finally invest in them now. lol Never encountered that before. Maybe it's just an area thing, don't know.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:45 PM

Anyone knows anything about the area in Nashville where The Hamptons at Woodland Pointe is located?

Old 01-24-2010, 09:10 AM

210 posts, read 509,256 times
The Hamptions at Woodland Point are in the Priest Lake area...they are nice but the location is weat out town...between i24 and i40 on the south east side of nashville. While i am NOT extreamly fimiliar with that area i would imagine it to be an OK area(just based on it geographical location).
You posted something about the Aspen Grove/Wynchase area being too far south...at MOST it is 3-5 min drive further south then the Landings...and they are FABULOUS!! Great location, super nice, great aminities...and clean!
If you can find a good deal on a rental in Brentwood Point that might not be a bad idea...but you will not have the same amimities as in AG...and they are older (some at least as old as the landings) but you will have the feeling of a house as opposed to an appartment.
Good luck and be sure to let us know if you do ever make a decision

Old 01-24-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntenn View Post
The Hamptions at Woodland Point are in the Priest Lake area...they are nice but the location is weat out town...between i24 and i40 on the south east side of nashville. While i am NOT extreamly fimiliar with that area i would imagine it to be an OK area(just based on it geographical location).
You posted something about the Aspen Grove/Wynchase area being too far south...at MOST it is 3-5 min drive further south then the Landings...and they are FABULOUS!! Great location, super nice, great aminities...and clean!
If you can find a good deal on a rental in Brentwood Point that might not be a bad idea...but you will not have the same amimities as in AG...and they are older (some at least as old as the landings) but you will have the feeling of a house as opposed to an appartment.
Good luck and be sure to let us know if you do ever make a decision
Jenntenn, thank you so much. I read more about The Hamptons at Woodland Pointe (over at apartment ratings website) and I got a little discouraged with the comments. I hate going to that site because I get my hopes up on an area, then when reading the comments, it gets discouraging. But I braved it out and did not like what I read.

It now seems these apts are ones that have higher ratings on that site, and some people here mentioned these (thank you all!):

- ALARA Farms - Franklin, TN - 76% favorable ratings at the aptratings site.
- The Landings of Brentwood - 56% favorable

And now I'm also considering Lenox Village, which is in Nashville and will be closer for me since my new job is in Nashville. I'm in PA and will be relocating in about a month so I kind of feel rushed into finding a good place and area quickly.

Do you or anyone else have information about Lenox Village? I'm only looking to rent, not buy at this point. So far, no one has rated the Lenox Village community yet.

It will only be me and my cat so I want to make sure I live in really good areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville