Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,325 times

Advertisements

Hi. My family (dad, mom, twin daughters -8yo) is considering a move to nashville. We have lived in Los Angeles, Chicago, New York. We want to maybe get a little land and a nice community to live in. We're not really looking for an urban lifestyle, we've done that! However I need to be sort of close to nashville (cannery row) for work potentially. Our kids are in the enriched program at our current school and think they would do well in a montesorri or strengths based learning system. We'd love to have a couple of acres and a nice 4-5 bdrm house for our family and dogs. Is this possible? Where should I start to look? What would it run me? Any help on any of the above would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 05:50 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,526,899 times
How far do you want to commute? There is a great montessori in a very ugly building in Franklin. Montessori School of Franklin. It is very easy to get to from Liepers Fork which sort of sounds like what you are discribing. As for getting to work My guess is depending on what time you leave it would be 35 minutes from the montessori school

Old 01-27-2010, 05:59 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,832,381 times
You might check out Sumner County, specifically the city of Hendersonville. The school system operates a wonderful magnet school program. Merrol Hyde Magnet School* ::* Sumner County, Tennessee* ::* Home of the Hawks That's the link for the magnet school.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:12 PM

49 posts, read 161,618 times
I would look at the Westhaven neighborhood in Franklin, TN. Montessori school of Franklin is about 10 minutes away. There is a grocery store at the front of the neighborhood and a public elementary school being built in the neighborhood that will open this fall. There will also be a day spa,wine store, dry cleaners and italian restaurant near the grocery store. Williamson County has the best school system in TN.

Here is a link to the neighborhoods website.
http://www.westhaventn.com/

Old 01-27-2010, 09:41 PM

940 posts, read 1,895,048 times
Yes I second the suggestion of the Leiper's Fork area of Williamson County. The 2 Aussies (Keith Urban and Nichole Kidman) homestead in the area. I toured this district over the Christmas holidays and was blown away by the beauty of the terrain and genteel elegance of the residences and horse farms. If you are selling a house in CA you just might be able to acquire something there. I grew up in Nashville (West Meade), but never saw this area until this last visit. Very convenient to Franklin and Green Hills. If this is too expensive you might check out areas between Franklin and Murfreesboro, probably acreage can be had for not outrageous money. Maybe someone can verify with more details.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:44 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,662,538 times
Leiper's Fork would be better than Westhaven for acreage. The houses in Westhaven are on top of each other.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:29 AM

3 posts, read 7,133 times
henderonville, hands down. i've lived a LOT of places and as far as comfort, convenience, quality.. hendersonville takes the cake. not to mention its more affordable than franklin/brentwood area (tho franklin is nice.. dont get me wrong) you can get quite a bit for your $ property-wise, and theres a nice mixture of sub-urb and country. its rapidly developing so theres tons of stuff to do. lots and lots of restaurants, shopping. traffic is hardly ever a problem. once you hit the bypass your maybe 10-15 minutes from downtown.. so a commute its manageable. talk to a realtor about that area at the least. they will guide you on what areas to look at within hville... very low crime rate is all areas. also... school systems are fantastic, and the hospital/medical community is great! good luck!

Old 01-29-2010, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,421 times
My recommendation is Williamson County, just south of Nashville or Southern Davidson County. The towns you would be looking are Franklin, Brentwood, Spring Hill, Nolensville. There is an excellent variety of rural and small town and suburban living.

The schools you seem to want are most likely to find in abundance in Williamson County and the southern parts of Davidson County (Nashville).

Additionally there are great small towns with southern rural warmth and a artsy flare such as Leipers Fork.

Having moved to the Nashville area 17 years ago and raised my family here, I am glad we settled in Williamson County. We never felt anything but a welcome part of the community here. Most transplants seem to end up here and that also makes for a seamless adjustment. Kids are grown and they all (so far) have settled here. This is one Upstate New Yorker that is home in Franklin TN.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:29 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,488,009 times
If you're interested in lake homes, look at Hendersonville. It is also a very welcoming community to out-of-state transplants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville