U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 08:45 AM

32 posts, read 51,192 times

Advertisements

We will be relocating to Mount Juliet in March. My son, 22, will not be moving with us when we relocate in March. I am happy and sad at the same time. He is 22 and I hope that living on his own, he will be able to grow as a person and into an adult. There is something to be said about living within the comforts of your parent's home and not growing up.

I am asking for input on the Mount Juliet area and Nashville in general as far as things to do for a young adult. My son has been misinformed and has been told over and over that there is absolutely nothing but green pasture to stare at. And thanks to American Idol, Bridge Jumping is now the added favorite thing to do in the area.... UGH!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 09:30 AM

957 posts, read 3,332,661 times
Mount Juliet isn't the big city, but Nashville isn't far away. There is plenty to do here for all age groups. This is a good sized metro area. Is there anything in particular he is interested in? Perhaps one of the younger people can be more specific.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:07 AM

115 posts, read 385,431 times
The green pasture is fast disappearing, which is good and bad.
It all depends on what you're "in" to. MJ has two great lakes (not to be confused with THE Great Lakes) nearby. There are a couple of great music stores (be sure to check out Shiloh). Greenways are on the way, etc. Also, as my wife will tell you, there's almost all the shopping you could ever want right here in MJ. And, for anything else, as rossc stated, Nashville isn't far away.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:17 AM

32 posts, read 51,192 times
He is interested in clubs and places with live music. He likes dance music and old stuff like Freestyle music.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:25 AM

957 posts, read 3,332,661 times
Downtown Nashville has so much of that he'll get tired of it. It's called music city not just for country music. 2nd and Broadway is a hot spot for the younger generation, but there are clubs featuring all kinds of music all over the city.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:35 AM

587 posts, read 1,118,771 times
I live in Mt. Juliet. It's a great place for families. It's not where I'd go if I was young, single and new to the area, but like the other posters said, Nashville's right next door. You're right, though, at 22 he should be out on his own, whether it's there or here.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:53 PM

43,425 posts, read 41,960,974 times
As for the bridge jumping from American Idol, it was in Vonore, which is a tiny TINY town on the other side of the state near Knoxville. They did not represent all Tennesseans.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:01 PM

597 posts, read 1,886,100 times
The kid should Google more. These days, these questions shouldn't really even need to be asked.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:52 PM

56 posts, read 129,391 times
Default My posts usally get deleted

Welcome to TN. and your son will love Nashville; he should invite his friends to come visit soon!

Nashville Music Scene & Clubs - Nashville Forum

Discussion Forum - Nashville Music Pros

NASHVILLE MUSIC GUIDE 615-244-5673

Old 02-02-2010, 10:54 AM

396 posts, read 910,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegto View Post
He is interested in clubs and places with live music. He likes dance music and old stuff like Freestyle music.
If your son is heavily into the electronica scene, he'll be disappointed. Nashville is not a good city for electronic music (even worse for older styles like freestyle). Good DJs do pass through the city, but it's usually on weekdays and the crowds can be pretty sparse. But if that's enough to satisfy his electronic itch, then I'd say he'd be OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville