Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2010, 05:55 AM

8 posts, read 13,930 times

Advertisements

I have been looking for an apartment in Nashville, mostly around the Bellevue area, somewhere close to St Thomas Hospital. I got on a site that rates apartments and all of the ratings SUCK!!! Are all the apartments in Nashville as bad as the ratings say they are? But, some people do rate the apartments as the BEST while the majority rate the same apartments as the WORST EVER!!! I am confused to say the least. Also, is crime really bad in Nashville???? I currently work in Cincinnati, Ohio and thought it was a bad place until I read all these posts about Nashville. I am reconsidering moving now. Don't get me wrong, there are some really bad neighborhoods in Cincinnati too but they are easy to avoid. I thought Nashville was a decent place until I started digging around. Am I wrong????? PLease help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 06:33 AM

569 posts, read 1,425,435 times
I personally wouldn't base my entire decision on where to move off of a website...for apartments or city data either, for that matter. I can't imagine that there's much, if any crime in Bellevue. Apartment complexes tend to have some crime...such as cars getting broken into, but I've encountered that all over the country. There are lots of posts about apartments in Bellevue...you might want to search city data to see what other people are saying. I'm sure there are good and bad apartment complexes there...just as there are anywhere. Bellevue is a nice, quiet area.

I live in, what many people consider, a high crime area (East Nashville). I've never been a victim of or witness to crime. There are certain pockets of crime here....but I must not venture into those pockets. I wouldn't worry too much about the crime thing.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:50 PM

3 posts, read 7,191 times
Edgefield D-Could you offer some insight on some apartment complexes/houses for rent that would be safe for a family of 3? I've never been to Nashville (interview for MNPS on Tues), but my interest has been perked for EN. Am I making a bad choice?

Old 06-13-2010, 06:23 AM

569 posts, read 1,425,435 times
Hi SaraKatyLynn....welcome! I just responded to another post of yours. If I had a family and I wanted to live in East Nashville. First...I think you are going to have to cross off apartment complexes here...there are no nice complexes in East Nashville. There are some cool old apartment buildings, duplexes and houses. I would probably look for a house to rent. I live in Edgefield...which is the most Urban and closest to downtown. There are people with kids here, but Edgefield is a small area. Lockeland Springs is a bigger area and it has lots of young families with kids. Inglewood is further up Gallatin road....but also has nice areas. If I were in your position. If I were you...I would search (in this order) Lockeland Springs, Edgefield, East End, Inglewood. There are other nice areas of East Nashville as well....but I would look here first.

Like I was saying in your other post....these are urban areas...and I think you have to want to live here for it to work for you. It has great benefits...but you will also find everyone from homeless to doctors and every ethnic background here.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:29 PM

49 posts, read 141,215 times
I used to work in the apartment business here and those online ratings are not worth listening to, for the most part. Renters that are upset (sometimes for reasons caused by themselves) tend to go straight to the web to place negative ratings, and sometimes they are young and immature. My husband plays music in Bellevue and we know lots of the patrons from the bar live in that area. There are so many areas to choose from. Just remember that you get what you pay for. If it seems to good to be true, it is! I worked at some nice places in Brentwood, but while they are not necessarily the priciest, they are not the cheapest either. The area is close to downtown and very well manicured. Bellevue is an older town with rolling hills and more spread out. I would check out apartmentguide.com to start narrowing your search, then call and set up some appointments. I have some friends in the business still, so feel free to direct message me if you need anything else or advice on how to "get deals", etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville