Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2010, 11:30 AM

11 posts, read 20,867 times

Advertisements

Hello there,
I have a few questions regarding Maury County in general. I have only visited once but have done quite a bit of research online, and I'm wondering if someone who knows the area can either tell me I'm correct or wrong on a few different things. This is really important b/c my husband and I are moving in 2 months, looking for a house to rent, and I am also looking for a teaching job.
Regarding Maury County Schools, am I correct in thinking that it's not #1 like Williamson County, but is instead a little more country/rural and is improving each and every year? Would you consider it to be a decent place to educated your children? How about a decent place to work? And lastly, am I right to think that the "sprawl" is heading both South and South West, hence, out of Williamson and into Maury County in the future? And lastly, I was looking at the median family income and noticed that in Columbia it was around 33,000/year while in Mt. Pleasant it was almost double. Could someone give me an idea of what to expect in terms of both financial and ethnic/racial diversity in these areas?
Thank you SO MUCH in advance. I really appreciate any insights you might have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 06:31 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,733,272 times
Maury County is not the next logical place for Williamson spillover. They really are very different, especially the school systems. I would imagine Maury will improve over time, but the demographics are very different. Williamson has twice as many schools and almost three times the number of students. The median income in Wmsn is about $88000, while in Maury it's about $41000. The Census Bureau says 44% of adults in Williamson have college degrees or higher, while in Maury it's 13%. On the state achievement test, called TCAP, Maury schools scored a C, while Williamson scored an A.
A resource for statistical info on the schools is the Tenn. Department of Education State Report Care on each school system. TDOE: Report Card on TN Schools
Maury really is just a more rural county, not that there's anything wrong with that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville