Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 01:00 AM

76 posts, read 222,669 times

Advertisements

Thank you Antioch, I will check out your website link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 01:03 AM

yeah IngleDave, you have a few years on me......lol......my ideal year to spend a week in would be 1995.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:41 PM

634 posts, read 1,419,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdude View Post
I am glad I found this site. I am a Nashville native that has moved away to the Chicago Area, but when I visit the city, I also find myself thinking about my old memories of Nashville.

I agree with others that also stated that it seemed like there used to be more stuff for kids to do as a kid growing up in the burbs (Donelson & Antioch), even though the city was not as big as it is now. I am not completely sure that all of Nashville's growth has been for the better. I drive around my old neighborhoods on occasion and it just saddens me to see what they have become.

I do have a couple of personal memeories of a place that I did not see mentioned while scanning the posts....Does anyone ever remember going to Fair Park on Nolensville Rd, or eating at Darrell's Resurant off of Harding Place, or shopping at Service Merchandise? I do miss Castne Knott as well, I wrote my first check at that store.

I also remember skipping school and my favorite thing to do was play in the HH Mall arcade....which btw it is so sad to see how that mall has regressed. : (

I was reading memories about Harding Mall, I had so much fun playing and scaring my parents on that bridge over the creek when we would get ice cream at the Harding Mall Baskin Robins.

How many 103 KDF Rock and Y107 fans are there still around? I so miss KDF Rock, the day KDF went country was a sad day

Speaking of high school, does anyone completely remember the AHS alma mater from the old Antioch on Blue Hole Rd? I remember it started out something like this......On the city's southern border reared against the sky, proudly stands our alma mater as the years pass/go by....it would be awesome if someone else actually remembers it and they can refresh my memory! I know I am a dork....

It would also be nice to see if some arrangement can be made to bring back a theme park to where Opry Mills is and find some way to intice some of the stores that were in Opry Mill's to consider bringing some life back into HH.

Yep, I remember 103 KDF well. Remember 103 givin' away a brand new I-Rock Camaro? Also, I'll never forget Y 107. Do you remember their ole sayin' .. '' Y 107 !! .. Lock It In .. And Rip The Knob Off !! '' ?? And Y 107 .. Tookie Tookie!! ? I was telling my kids where I got that ole sayin' from just the other day, lol ... still aint outgrown the Tookie Bird I reckon.

Last edited by RS-1080; 10-04-2010 at 02:02 PM..

Old 10-04-2010, 02:01 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,834,092 times
^I can still hear the "Y107...Nashville" in my head

Old 10-05-2010, 10:27 AM

815 posts, read 2,017,282 times
Aww yea, I had for got about "Y107", now know as
"The River"... them along with 92Q where my favorite two stations, both have changed their formats somewhat.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-1080 View Post
Yep, I remember 103 KDF well. Remember 103 givin' away a brand new I-Rock Camaro? Also, I'll never forget Y 107. Do you remember their ole sayin' .. '' Y 107 !! .. Lock It In .. And Rip The Knob Off !! '' ?? And Y 107 .. Tookie Tookie!! ? I was telling my kids where I got that ole sayin' from just the other day, lol ... still aint outgrown the Tookie Bird I reckon.

I was at work the other day surfn the net and came across this Y107 website, you may already know about it, but if not the site is djshawn.com/Y107_Nashville. This site has a bunch of old stuff that was played on the air over the years and it even has Tookie destktop wallpaper.....lol

Old 10-06-2010, 11:51 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,834,092 times
^That's pretty neat, I'll definitely have to check out the tribute stream!

I can remember rollerblading in my parent's garage for hours by myself while listening to Casey's Top 40.

Sometimes I would add an American flag to my rollerblading "routine" & just continuously spin in circles like I was the Kristi Yamaguchi of Hendersonville. Ah, those were the days .

Courtney

Old 10-06-2010, 01:46 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
^That's pretty neat, I'll definitely have to check out the tribute stream!

I can remember rollerblading in my parent's garage for hours by myself while listening to Casey's Top 40.

Sometimes I would add an American flag to my rollerblading "routine" & just continuously spin in circles like I was the Kristi Yamaguchi of Hendersonville. Ah, those were the days .

Courtney
Boyz II Men was by far the best skating music. I remember my skating rink days from 4th-7th grade. When they would play "End of the Road" to close out the night, it was a frantic race to get to the best looking girls for "couples skating." Great times, indeed.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:11 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,468,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-1080 View Post
Ah...Y107. I haven't thought about the "...and rip the knob off" line in a long time.

I saw Coyote McCloud a few years ago and he's looking rough. Although I guess he's in his late 50s or early 60s now.

EDIT: Thanks Pimpy...now I've got "End of the Road" stuck in my head now.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:33 PM

597 posts, read 2,108,077 times
Speaking of KDF. "Dr. Demento, Dr. Demento, Dr. Demento...."

WMAK, the smell of the Sunbeam bakery on Mboro Road, cruising the Madison Shoney's in a '57 Chevy, driving drunk and just be told by the police, "go on home, now." Ah yes, those were the days along with the constant fog of Aqua-Net in the air. Parking under the railroad bridge at Shelby Park.

I saw Coyote not long ago. And I'm not saying anybody's looking a bit rough...we have florescent lights at work. Lordy lordy. Rough is as rough sees. So, I just don't look anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville