Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 01:04 AM

3 posts, read 12,393 times

Advertisements

I am a single person moving to Nashville in about a month and am looking for some insight/up-to-date information on apartments in Nashville.

I spend 80% of my time in my apartment so cost is not much of an issue.... I am looking for a 1 bedroom. Size is not a very big issue for me either if it is nice, I would rather have smaller and nicer than bigger and cheaper. My main issue is probably cleanliness and safety. I don't want to live downtown and I am pretty sure I want to live in the south/southeast part of nashville.

Any recommendations on "high end" apartments in this area?

Help is very much appreciated, Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 07:40 AM

569 posts, read 1,418,217 times
I don't have personal experience with apartment complexes, but judging by what you said....I would check out the ones around Cool Springs or Franklin. I don't think there are any "high end" apartment complexes in southeast Nashville. Cool Springs didn't exist until the early 90s, so most of the complexes there are going to be nicer, newer...and it's a safe area.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:45 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,516,492 times
i would check out Dwell in Cool Springs

Old 04-18-2010, 08:56 AM

210 posts, read 585,732 times
If I were you i would look on Realtracs.com. Type in Nashville (it will be Davidson country on the map) as your location (you could also use a ZIP if you have narrowed your locations down to that at this point) type in your budget and anything else you might want on the form. You will get quite a few results. If you see something you like do some research on the area and ask about it on here...that would be your best bet. Good luck in your search

Old 04-18-2010, 10:26 AM

3 posts, read 12,393 times
Oops I actually made an error, I meant to say SOUTH/SOUTHWEST not southeast

I REALLY appreciate everyone's help, I felt like a there was nothing nice after looking at apartment reviews and i'm glad you all can point me in the right direction

So far I'm going to look at:
The Dwell at McEwen - seems to be the nicest/newest
Lenox Village Town Center - don't have much info but they look nice
The Lexington - seems like they have thin walls and bad insulation.... I'm having this same problem in the one I live in now in florida

Any more input on these and the areas they are in?

Old 04-18-2010, 10:58 AM

210 posts, read 585,732 times
Skip Lenox Village, yes it nice...but everyone i know that lives there wants to move. Not that there is really anything wrong with them, but it’s a hike to the interstate and not convenient to good shopping/food/entertainment.
My vote is for Dwell. MUCH better location, everything you need is within a few mile radius. Not to mention its super safe.
I don’t know much about the Lexington, and I do know some people who LOVE living in Bellevue, but I prefer the Cool Springs area (Dwell). That really just comes down to personal preference.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:00 AM

253 posts, read 865,106 times
I also second skipping Lenox Village, I know multiple people that live there and they all have found something faulty, poor construction, etc with their places. So, like @JennTenn says, everyone that lives there wants to move.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:28 PM

7 posts, read 19,076 times
Can we hear from some people who actually, you know, LIVE in Lenox Village? Every post I read is, "this guy I know's got a cousin whose neighbor HATES Lenox village"...

The place looks like some of the nicest apartments and condos around. I'm considering there myself. Yes, I've read of construction quality issues, but I'm only looking to rent a year or two at most, so that's not a huge consideration (though it is one).

Can we hear from anyone who actually has lived/is living there?

Old 04-19-2010, 07:44 PM

253 posts, read 865,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foink View Post
Can we hear from some people who actually, you know, LIVE in Lenox Village? Every post I read is, "this guy I know's got a cousin whose neighbor HATES Lenox village"...

The place looks like some of the nicest apartments and condos around. I'm considering there myself. Yes, I've read of construction quality issues, but I'm only looking to rent a year or two at most, so that's not a huge consideration (though it is one).

Can we hear from anyone who actually has lived/is living there?
Well considering I was speaking about my one of my best friends, who owns a condo there and two of my other friends, that own townhomes there. It's not like I was talking about my cousin's ex-girlfriend's brother's neighbor's son. Why live anywhere that has questionable construction, especially when it's pretty well known? There are plenty of other nice options available in the greater Nashville area.
Plus, Lenox Village isn't in the best location, it's pretty far from I-65, so you drive either through the traffic to get to the highway or deal with the traffic on the back roads.

Just my .02

Old 04-19-2010, 07:58 PM

7 posts, read 19,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino306 View Post
Well considering I was speaking about my one of my best friends, who owns a condo there and two of my other friends, that own townhomes there. It's not like I was talking about my cousin's ex-girlfriend's brother's neighbor's son. Why live anywhere that has questionable construction, especially when it's pretty well known? There are plenty of other nice options available in the greater Nashville area.
Plus, Lenox Village isn't in the best location, it's pretty far from I-65, so you drive either through the traffic to get to the highway or deal with the traffic on the back roads.

Just my .02
Thanks for the response, I do appreciate your friends' thoughts. However, if you've ever lived in an apartment, you know that "questionable construction" is simply the price of doing business as an apartment dweller. A renter's standards are probably different from someone who is going to actually own the home.

I'd love to hear some actual commute times for people who live here, information on where they shop, eat, go to movies, etc. The whole "village concept" appeals to me in that I'd love to, on occasion, be able to walk to eat or grab a few things at the store. Is it a reasonable drive to a local mall? How is the crime in the area? Is its relative proximity to Antioch (which I'm guessing is not nearly as bad as everyone is making it) a problem safety-wise?

If you've ever trolled craigslist's abysmal rental listings, you'll see that the Lenox Village rentals are some of the only ones that look like they've been updated in the last 30 years.

It's a matter of perspective, and I get the feeling (after reading dozens of these threads) that a lot of posters here don't really have the perspective of a renter in mind when responding to apartment threads.

Also, you say, "There are plenty of other nice options available in the greater Nashville area", yet you don't list any. That would actually be helpful, since that's what the OP and I are actually looking for.

Last edited by foink; 04-19-2010 at 08:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville