U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 04:35 PM

562 posts, read 756,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Back to the topic.

Does anyone know an estimate of when Opry Mills and the hotel will reopen?
I saw yesterday on one of the national media pages 3~6 months for the hotel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 04:42 PM

3,537 posts, read 4,991,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovamos View Post
I saw yesterday on one of the national media pages 3~6 months for the hotel.

The hotel officials have no idea how long it will take to reopen. They have to wait or the Cumberland River to receed and then they have to pump the remaining warer out of the hotel. That will take up to two weeks. Then once they get inside, they can assess the damage and have a better idea. As for now, it's anyone's guess.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:38 AM

67 posts, read 132,501 times
Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time.

--Voltaire

Just saying.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:02 AM

117 posts, read 151,843 times
Quote:

New scandal as 'Climate Gate' scientists accused of hiding data from global warming sceptics | Mail Online

There is no scandal? Ball in your court friend. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DATA SET? You been watching MSNBC?

Looks like NASA has been complicit in this invention of "fact": FOXNews.com - NASA Data Worse Than Climate-Gate Data, Space Agency Admits

Fox News ratings are up 20-30% over last year at this time. The result: the majority of voters no longer believe in the bogus AGW. Deal with it and get on with productive enterprise. Oh BTW, looks like Al Gore has gotten on with the enterprise of collecting energy-hogging super-mansions: Works and Days Thoughts on Gorism Here's one that references Nashville: Roger L. Simon Has Al Gore given up on global warming? (UPDATED)

Good for you Al. You're the best argument in my arsenal. heh heh
You're using FOX news as a source? Really? I'm not defending all other news sources, a lot of things of potentially great importance have been ignored largely by the US media in the not to distant past (i.e., the downing street memo). The U.S. media is suspect at best. But FOX news gaining ratings share means nothing in terms of validating it as a news source. If anything it's a testament to their focus as a ratings grabbing, sensationalist entity that has nothing to do with journalism.

Science isn't decided by popular vote last I checked. It's not even decided by popular vote within the scientific community, though there is certainly a political element to it all. No valid data was hidden, though not all viewpoints were published. There are valid reasons for this, but you don't care to hear them.

Re Al Gore, I will only say this: Al Gore being a hypocrite has nothing to do with this discussion.

I realize I've got pulled into this thread when I shouldn't have, there is no amount of sense-making or reasoning that will be effective here. Maybe if I had a chalk board and talked very loudly it would help, I don't know. People on both sides of the fence tend believe what they want to believe, and they listen to sources that reinforce this belief, all else is tuned out as noise.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:50 AM

562 posts, read 756,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boingolover View Post
You're using FOX news as a source? Really?
Really. Plus many other trustworthy sources corrobating. FOX passes on what NASA says: NASA Data Worse Than Climate-Gate Data, Space Agency Admits

Now the challenge is: COME UP WITH YOUR SOURCE PROVING THE OPPOSITE OF THE ABOVE. Or better yet multiple sources indicating that NASA says the opposite of the above. Its that simple. Really.

The majority of voters are intelligent enough about science to know that when experimental data indicate the converse of a theory, the theory is not supported. This means that:

1. The majority is more intelligent than you guys. And/Or:
2. The majority has no tolerence for political foolery evident in the behavior of the scientists driving this controversy and those who enable them.

Your cause is lost. Dream on about turning around public opinion on this, or deal with it and turn your attention to productive enterprise. (Just suggesting.)

Old 05-06-2010, 12:57 PM

117 posts, read 151,843 times
Quote:
Really. Plus many other trustworthy sources corrobating. FOX passes on what NASA says: NASA Data Worse Than Climate-Gate Data, Space Agency Admits

UK 'Climategate' Inquiry Largely Clears Scientists - ABC News

Believe what you want to believe, it makes little difference in the outcome.

Reality is what you can get away with.

-- Robert Anton Wilson

Old 05-06-2010, 06:12 PM

27 posts, read 44,356 times
Hey, anyone know if the Hermitage Hotel, the government buildings (that area in general) have been affected? We stayed two nights at the Hermitage and it was one fine place. Hope some places were fortunate to be spared.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:17 PM

2,869 posts, read 6,038,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser77 View Post
Hey, anyone know if the Hermitage Hotel, the government buildings (that area in general) have been affected? We stayed two nights at the Hermitage and it was one fine place. Hope some places were fortunate to be spared.
They are open. They are all in a high area. Here is the Hermitage Hotel's website, and what they have to say.
A Nashville Luxury Hotel — The Hermitage Hotel — Downtown Nashville, Tennessee

Old 05-06-2010, 08:15 PM

27 posts, read 44,356 times
Thank you so much, Diane Giam. That is great to read. Tennessee deserves a lot of respect for their attitude during all this. It seems there's little whining, just a bunch of strong people getting after it and working. Props to those in Tennessee.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:41 PM

3,537 posts, read 4,991,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser77 View Post
Thank you so much, Diane Giam. That is great to read. Tennessee deserves a lot of respect for their attitude during all this. It seems there's little whining, just a bunch of strong people getting after it and working. Props to those in Tennessee.
There's NO whining!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville