U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-13-2007, 09:00 PM

3 posts, read 20,372 times
Default Used furniture stores

I am getting ready to move to Nashville on Friday. I need to buy a bed and probably a dresser for my bedroom and I was wondering if anyone had suggestioned for used furniture places to hit up. I want something cheap that will get me through the next year. I am living on the west side near Vanderbilt, so places somewhat close to there would be optimal.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 09:29 PM

3,862 posts, read 6,739,461 times
Sorry, don't know about that area, but there's a Finders Keepers in Cool Springs if you need it. Good stuff. Also great buys at Graceworks. They're in Franklin though. Have you searched for Goodwill?

Good luck with your move!

Old 06-14-2007, 03:20 AM

6,300 posts, read 15,338,326 times
There's a Finders Keepers in Bellevue. They stuff is generally not that cheap however.

There's a large Salvation Army store on Charlotte between White Bridge and Hillwood, and a Goodwill store too I think (east of White Bridge). It has furniture. If I was looking for something cheap, the Salvation Army store might be the first place I'd looked. Charlotte is the next major street over (north) of West End.

Sprintz on White Bridge is an unscale furniture store, but sometimes they have some "scratch and dent" stuff back in the back. I would only go there as a last resort however; it would be hit-and-miss whether they would have what you're looking for.

There a lot of antique shops over on Wedgewood. They use the term "antique" broadly to mean anything old, so sometimes they have old dressers and such that are cheap. There always seems to be a lot of dressers.

There's also a new store called Southern Salvage over on Thompson Lane.

Last edited by alleycat; 06-14-2007 at 03:54 AM..

Old 06-14-2007, 06:24 PM

1,683 posts, read 3,132,437 times
Check out Nashville Free-Cycle list. You might be able to get a nice set for nothing. :-)

Old 03-01-2008, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 14,961 times
Default J & B Treasures Consignment

There's also J&B Treasures consignment open. They pay 60% on furniture and collectibles....right near southern thrift in Donelson, TN ....great little place with good deals on stuff....number is 874-4747

Old 03-01-2008, 03:07 PM

624 posts, read 2,762,701 times
craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums would be a great source

Old 03-01-2008, 05:02 PM

66 posts, read 175,563 times
Garage sales are a great resource for used furniture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville