Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2011, 12:58 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,276,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
You betcha! Although they most like the cat and mouse game. The lizards never fare too well! Our cats are well fed so it's mostly sport for them!
I need a cat to eat the lizards... they get bad in the summer. We have allot of stray cats around here. They must be well fed too cause I don't see them eating lizards. My dogs hunt birds though. U my not find that so interesting but their toy chihuahuas 2 bad brother and a serious chic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 06:56 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,488 posts, read 7,153,343 times
Just the other day for the first time I seen really tiny baby dear....I mean so tiny you could hold them in 1 hand....wow it was so cute as this family of dear walked quietly through the woods out my back door and there on the ground was these two wee little tiny baby dear.....

Old 06-19-2011, 10:17 AM
bjh

59,731 posts, read 30,168,527 times
About a week ago driving down the highway several yards ahead was this funny looking dog with really long legs. Turned out to be a doe crossing the highway.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:16 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,694,412 times
Good...you must move quick as a wink
Quote:
I rescued another lizard from the cat today. I rescued a bird the other day. It was actually squatting on our sidewalk with the calico terror about 2 feet away. It surely was on a short reprieve or was about to be lunch for the cat. I went out quickly and tried to grab it. It flew low and went into the middle of the street. The cat was in hot pursuit as was I. Surprisingly the cat backed off and i grasped the bird. Took it to a neighbor that has open cages for birds in their backyard. He took it and I came home. Haven't checked back yet.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:19 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,694,412 times
I have mistaken them for dogs too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
About a week ago driving down the highway several yards ahead was this funny looking dog with really long legs. Turned out to be a doe crossing the highway.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:44 AM
bjh

59,731 posts, read 30,168,527 times
^
Many years ago when I drove a semi, just as I steered into the right lane a very tall dog that looked like a boxer mix sauntered out onto the highway. I went back into the left lane and the dog looked up like, WTH? as my truck neared him by a few feet. He gave a mighty flinch then ran back from whence he came. If a car had been in the left lane... Let's just say it was that dog's lucky day!

Old 06-19-2011, 12:03 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,194,474 times
I saw an Osprey with a fish that was almost to big or the bird to fly with. The osprey was struggling to stay airborne.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:18 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,463,409 times
You all did see the news story in Minnesota I think. I believe an eagle had dropped a small fawn on the high wires causing an outage.
Late last night ...actually early morning I heard cats about to fight. I went outside. I didn't see anything. But then looked in the street and saw something in front of the neighbors house. When i got closer thought it was one of daughter's cats. Nope it was a good sized possum. Apparently it was not playing possum. I put it up in the yard out of the street. Sadly, possibly the mom or dad of the little guy I posted the pics of earlier.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:45 PM

19,212 posts, read 15,079,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Good...you must move quick as a wink
Haha, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I saw an Osprey with a fish that was almost to big or the bird to fly with. The osprey was struggling to stay airborne.
Maybe he was going to throw a cookout and share with his friends.

Quote:
You all did see the news story in Minnesota I think. I believe an eagle had dropped a small fawn on the high wires causing an outage.
Late last night ...actually early morning I heard cats about to fight. I went outside. I didn't see anything. But then looked in the street and saw something in front of the neighbors house. When i got closer thought it was one of daughter's cats. Nope it was a good sized possum. Apparently it was not playing possum. I put it up in the yard out of the street. Sadly, possibly the mom or dad of the little guy I posted the pics of earlier.
You mean it was run over? I hate seeing any animal like that. Surely it wasn't the cats? (By the way, we have a "community" cat around here that plays with and runs along the roofs with the raccoons. )

Old 06-19-2011, 07:52 PM

19,212 posts, read 15,079,779 times
Went to the beach yesterday and saw a huge pelican repeatedly diving for fish. There was also a one-legged seagull we saw. That really upset me until I saw that he got along pretty well. Didn't appear to be in any distress. What I hate is when you see fishing hooks and/or fishing line caught on their feet, etc.

I also saw a small, panther-like creature roaming around -- oh, wait, he lives here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature