Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2012, 08:11 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,810,582 times

Advertisements

Such a pleasure dropping by here and seeing everyone's pics. Simply awesome Pam, and Wild Flower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 AM

3,919 posts, read 2,550,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Such a pleasure dropping by here and seeing everyone's pics. Simply awesome Pam, and Wild Flower.
Thanks for the kind thoughts and compliments.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:03 PM
bjh

59,731 posts, read 30,168,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
Two birds were fighting, so says a Sales Associate. I didn't see that but I did see... (P.S... i may have the birds mixed up at the end but it makes a good story this way! )
Those birds may be a couple taking turns bringing things into the nest to make it soft and warm for the eggs.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:05 PM
bjh

59,731 posts, read 30,168,527 times
On my walk I saw a cat on a windowsill of a neighbor's house. We had a warmer day today, and the neighbor had opened the window a bit so the cat sat against the screen. He or she stood up and stretched then settled back down contentedly. Cats and windowsills, a match made in heaven.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:08 PM

44,251 posts, read 19,910,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
On my walk I saw a cat on a windowsill of a neighbor's house. We had a warmer day today, and the neighbor had opened the window a bit so the cat sat against the screen. He or she stood up and stretched then settled back down contentedly. Cats and windowsills, a match made in heaven.
Love this post! It made me smile.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:37 AM

47,843 posts, read 21,871,995 times
I noticed, just off my back deck, that the black pussywillows had their catkins.........and that the neighbors up the hill have started tapping the maple trees. Sure signs of spring .... early for Maine...but not to be held back! I also saw a skunk on my way to town....another harbinger! He was climbing on the stone wall on the sunny campus of the University of Southern Maine.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:23 AM

16,881 posts, read 15,997,735 times
I watched the giant star, Antares, in the southern sky, for hours during the night. I stand outside and watch the stars every night when the clouds allow it.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:13 AM

51,696 posts, read 15,628,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I watched the giant star, Antares, in the southern sky, for hours during the night. I stand outside and watch the stars every night when the clouds allow it.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:15 AM

47,843 posts, read 21,871,995 times
Watching the stars.....puts things in perspective. It can be a very humbling experience.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:59 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,810,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I'd love to be a cat sitting in a windowsill

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Love this post! It made me smile.

You made me smile...I can just imagine you with your cats, Pam..

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I noticed, just off my back deck, that the black pussywillows had their catkins.........and that the neighbors up the hill have started tapping the maple trees. Sure signs of spring .... early for Maine...but not to be held back! I also saw a skunk on my way to town....another harbinger! He was climbing on the stone wall on the sunny campus of the University of Southern Maine.
Ah, the call of spring..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Are there stars in your eyes? They are a beautiful sight on clear nights...love gazing at them

Cloudy, blowing snow and windy today. All mother nature's creatures are tucked under a blanket of snow, or safely inside in this part of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature