Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2012, 03:04 PM

44,251 posts, read 19,910,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Great pics everyone!! Pam do those giant honey bees sting hurt more than the regular size ones?
Haha - Nope, they hardly hurt at all.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
WOWZA! I just got stung by a scorpion! Wow. It was sort of a running sting as I felt him on my leg. So I brushed him off and he left a trail of sting about an inch long. You gotta love rural Oklahoma. Keeps you on your toes!
Yikes!

I've never seen a scorpion in the wild. Don't want to, either.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:28 PM

19,212 posts, read 15,079,779 times
Quote:
WOWZA! I just got stung by a scorpion! Wow. It was sort of a running sting as I felt him on my leg. So I brushed him off and he left a trail of sting about an inch long. You gotta love rural Oklahoma. Keeps you on your toes!
Aren't scorpion stings serious?

My desk is right in front of a window. This morning a hummingbird flew up and was hovering right outside the window. It was kind of funny, we both just looked at each other for a few seconds and then it flew off. Got a nice look at its pretty colors.

I haven't been around C-D much. Just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone. Glad to see this thread is still going strong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
LOL!! Sorry Red, I hate those things! Glad it wasn't a jellyfish you gotta get someone to pee on your leg. We have them here but don't see 'em much in town.
LOL. I'm terrified of both scorpions and jellyfish. I've never been stung, but I remember one of my brothers getting stung by a jellyfish when we were young. I don't know, I'm not really afraid of being bitten by something as much as I am of being stung. Maybe his reaction just left an impression on me.

Redbird must be a tough guy.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:08 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,451,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL. I'm terrified of both scorpions and jellyfish. I've never been stung, but I remember one of my brothers getting stung by a jellyfish when we were young. I don't know, I'm not really afraid of being bitten by something as much as I am of being stung. Maybe his reaction just left an impression on me.

Redbird must be a tough guy.
I am definitely not a tough guy.

One time while at the beach, there was a dead jellyfish on the shore. And some idiot walked over to it with a stick and tried to turn it over. Well, the tentacles had water on them and when he flipped it, the water dripping from the tentacle splashed on my chest. It stung like H EEE double hockey sticks!!! I mean, it hurt bad.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I am definitely not a tough guy.

One time while at the beach, there was a dead jellyfish on the shore. And some idiot walked over to it with a stick and tried to turn it over. Well, the tentacles had water on them and when he flipped it, the water dripping from the tentacle splashed on my chest. It stung like H EEE double hockey sticks!!! I mean, it hurt bad.
See?! Further entrenching my terror.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:19 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,451,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
See?! Further entrenching my terror.
And one time.... I have lots of horror stories.

I was once stung on the achille's tendon by 3 red wasps and 3 other unidentified insects at the same time! I think I was 4 years old. We were at my grandma's house in rural Oklahoma. I climbed on an old trailer, and looked down and to my horror 3 red wasps were sinking their stingers into my achille's area.

I screamed loud! LOL!! Live and learn. Always look for wasps nests before playing.

But, getting back to the topic...

Old 06-03-2012, 09:59 PM

Our weather was gorgeous today, and lots more flower buds opened in my garden, soaking up the sunshine! Two days ago, my Stella D'oro daylilies were just green leaves and buds. Yesterday and today, a bunch of lovely, creamy yellow blossoms appeared. These pictures aren't great, but they give you a good idea of what a portion of my garden looks like.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-03-2012 at 10:14 PM..

Old 06-03-2012, 11:02 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,694,412 times
Really lovely PJ! I don't know how you find time to have a garden, take photos etc since your
Mod-job keeps you so busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Our weather was gorgeous today, and lots more flower buds opened in my garden, soaking up the sunshine! Two days ago, my Stella D'oro daylilies were just green leaves and buds. Yesterday and today, a bunch of lovely, creamy yellow blossoms appeared. These pictures aren't great, but they give you a good idea of what a portion of my garden looks like.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:16 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,754,658 times
Love the daylilies! One of my favorite flowers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature