Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 11:36 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,748,237 times

Advertisements

While driving through northeast NM on the eastern side of the Rockies I noticed a mother antelope nursing her young about fifty yards to the side of the highway. I wished I could have taken a picture but we were driving at the time.

While driving along the highway in Nebraska I saw two wild turkeys near the Platte River, again I couldn’t get a photo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 03:54 PM

3,919 posts, read 2,550,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
at Dolly Sods, WV last weekend - this poor little fawn didn't know what to do, it was so scared it just put it's head down and was shaking like a leaf
i hope it found it's way back to mama..

a nice colorful sallymander:

there were mountain laurels in bloom all over the top of the mountain, these pics don't really do them justice.
I hope she did too! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
While driving through northeast NM on the eastern side of the Rockies I noticed a mother antelope nursing her young about fifty yards to the side of the highway. I wished I could have taken a picture but we were driving at the time.

While driving along the highway in Nebraska I saw two wild turkeys near the Platte River, again I couldn’t get a photo.
Some of the best photos are the ones in our memory.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:58 PM

20,058 posts, read 18,213,831 times
Today: growing Canada Goslings waddling around with their parents;
their gray down coats were gently swaying in the (slight) warm mid-morning breeze.

Great to behold!

Last edited by picklejuice; 06-20-2012 at 04:56 PM..

Old 06-20-2012, 04:26 PM

Default Photos brought to you...

...by the found SD memory card! Yeh! (Librarians can find anything!)

Now you see him...

Now you do not see him...

NOW you do!!

A close up!!

This is a Daddy Long Legs? Right? I have never seen a red one. But I have never seen one in the middle of nature either! HA Anyone know?

Here is one just because I got it back!
Attached Thumbnails
Tell me your nature observations!-now-you-see-him.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-now-you-do-not-see-him.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-dsc_0308.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-spider.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-bee.jpg  

Old 06-20-2012, 04:43 PM

Oh! I forgot I did post the Daddy Long legs on the flower just above these. Sorry for the double but at least now they are enlarged!

Old 06-20-2012, 04:52 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,694,412 times
You see and get photos of such beautiful locations, wildlife and plants etc., uggabugga. Do you know what the name of the red "sallymander"?

Never seen such a small fawn in the wild...yes, hope mom was close by.
Awesome for you to see the little one in person...my previous location a doe would have twins each yr...never saw them really small though, just older but still with spots.

Looks like a great trail through the mt laurel. That location in WV looks quite similar to Roan Mt, along the border of TN/NC...a bald area with rocks and mt laurel and also rhododendron...long-range views.

Thanks uggabugga, we can always count on your trips to provide us with nature pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
at Dolly Sods, WV last weekend - this poor little fawn didn't know what to do, it was so scared it just put it's head down and was shaking like a leaf
i hope it found it's way back to mama..

a nice colorful sallymander:

there were mountain laurels in bloom all over the top of the mountain, these pics don't really do them justice.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:57 PM

I love antelopes...and for you to see that from the car...

Wild turkeys are fun to see...

-ever see them "fly"? Well they don't really, they can get off the ground but I have only seen them up about 20 ft or so...big birds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

Old 06-20-2012, 05:00 PM

Oh little ducklings...cannot get any more adorable.

Glad you took time to enjoy watching them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Today: growing Canada Goslings waddling around with their parents;
their gray down coats were gently swaying in the (slight) warm mid-morning breeze.

Great to behold!

Old 06-20-2012, 05:04 PM

for the librarian!

He looks like a DLL but I have not seen a red one either... will try to look it up in one of my nature books.

Pretty photos...like how you shot the one of the busy bee... whole body outlined by the flower.

Thanks for your pictures, WF! And your commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
...by the found SD memory card! Yeh! (Librarians can find anything!)

Now you see him...

Now you do not see him...

NOW you do!!

A close up!!

This is a Daddy Long Legs? Right? I have never seen a red one. But I have never seen one in the middle of nature either! HA Anyone know?

Here is one just because I got it back!

Old 06-20-2012, 09:44 PM

19,104 posts, read 16,474,037 times
Really beautiful photos, uggabugga and wild flower!!! The colors are WOW!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature