Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2013, 08:58 AM

7,287 posts, read 6,859,172 times

Advertisements

All this makes my cry (inside) I love the wild .
My real home is in the mountains and my favorite place is in the woods in the snow at nite listening to all the sounds of life going on .
It is also quite fun to swim among the fish and watch their behavior , it is so different when your in the water with them.
They become very curious about you .
Both ocean and fresh water.
I live in the wine country for now and only have coyotes, and hawks, and my chickens, geese, dogs, rabbits, squirrels, horses, lizards, bobcats, doves, finches, sparrows, ect.
It seems that most animals know if you are safe to be around or if you present a danger or are a typical prey.
I've chased off mountain lion and bear walked up to deer and tamed squirrels .
Dad told me of an uncle that had this gift ,I guess it's born in you.
I hunt but to be honest , I really just enjoy wild life and their acceptance, if I can earn it.
If you can leave your own perspective out of the equation, and try to see things from the animals perspective it is interesting and educational . (not stupid PETA)
I worship the Great Creator, not His creation.
Both my children love taking pictures ,my daughter loves landscapes, and my son loves animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 10:53 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,584,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
All this makes my cry (inside) I love the wild .
My real home is in the mountains and my favorite place is in the woods in the snow at nite listening to all the sounds of life going on .
It is also quite fun to swim among the fish and watch their behavior , it is so different when your in the water with them.
They become very curious about you .
Both ocean and fresh water.
I live in the wine country for now and only have coyotes, and hawks, and my chickens, geese, dogs, rabbits, squirrels, horses, lizards, bobcats, doves, finches, sparrows, ect.
It seems that most animals know if you are safe to be around or if you present a danger or are a typical prey.
I've chased off mountain lion and bear walked up to deer and tamed squirrels .
Dad told me of an uncle that had this gift ,I guess it's born in you.
I hunt but to be honest , I really just enjoy wild life and their acceptance, if I can earn it.
If you can leave your own perspective out of the equation, and try to see things from the animals perspective it is interesting and educational . (not stupid PETA)
I worship the Great Creator, not His creation.
Both my children love taking pictures ,my daughter loves landscapes, and my son loves animals.
I like how you describe the feelings and nature! I know what you mean!

Old 10-05-2013, 01:35 PM
bjh

59,731 posts, read 30,168,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
She wants them to eat? We have a lot of both of those. And killer whales and sea lions and seals. Near the gate Avachinskaya lips constantly swim and whole families live. Sometimes they come in Avachinskayay Guba. When I went to sea on a fishing trawler super, sometimes these poor things caught in trawl. Ladies and gentlemen, there are people here from Montana? It is very beautiful.
Whales do have to eat. And the seals are eating the fish. It's fun to see the seal get away . . . this time.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:01 PM

6,552 posts, read 4,698,282 times
And Poof! As suddenly as they appeared in droves, the hummingbirds are gone. I saw maybe two yesterday, none today.

Safe traveling, little ones!!

Old 10-06-2013, 03:05 PM
bjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
And Poof! As suddenly as they appeared in droves, the hummingbirds are gone. I saw maybe two yesterday, none today.

Safe traveling, little ones!!

Old 10-06-2013, 03:07 PM
bjh

I saw a squirrel walking ahead of me on the path the other day. It wasn't on the grass. It knew what the sidewalk is for.

Then this a.m. I saw a squirrel sitting in a magnolia tree eating something. Looked at me like, whatchu lookin' at?

Old 10-06-2013, 03:33 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,492,547 times
DH and I were just driving back home from Snoqualmie along I-90W. I looked up and exclaimed: "Look! and eag ... vulture!" It was sure a surprise to see a red head instead of a white one! We saw a second further on.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:51 AM

515 posts, read 774,346 times
The resident Tree Swallows left my area in late July and I was not expecting to see them again until mid April but I've had flocks of them in the last 4 days stopping by to check out the nest boxes I put out last Spring. This was a pleasant surprise for me. I've never seen them before this late in the year.
Attached Thumbnails
Tell me your nature observations!-octobertreeswallows2.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-octobertreeswallows.jpg  

Old 10-08-2013, 07:43 PM
bjh

Squirrels really active lately. One ran across my path the other day to a flower bed, used its little hands to bury a pecan then turned and looked at me before running away. Today I saw a squirrel dive out of a tree into a bush, grabbing hold of a limb in the bush on the way down. Something is up with the tree rats.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:26 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,492,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Squirrels really active lately. One ran across my path the other day to a flower bed, used its little hands to bury a pecan then turned and looked at me before running away. Today I saw a squirrel dive out of a tree into a bush, grabbing hold of a limb in the bush on the way down. Something is up with the tree rats.
Just normal squirrelly behavior... yours are high end squirrels. Our only get peanuts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature