Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 05:10 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,337,096 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately... my half naked neighbor hanging out on his deck!!!

Gratefully... several butterflies, dragonflies, and a wren which helped erase the above image.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 05:21 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,108,933 times
I think my 2 outside cats have made a pact with the coon family. The cats beg & cry every evening for a second scoop of cat food, that they hardly touch. Instead, they let the Coonbini family help themselves to their dinner in exchange for not getting whacked!

Old 06-07-2011, 06:26 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,187,691 times
Thanks for starting this, GBH. Some neat stories.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:52 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,689,058 times
Great, Florida is such a good bird/animal state. I just moved to SC coast and now in the area of alligators. Oddly, I am scared of them.....they are so prehistoric, and they eat dogs and little kids!

Thanks for posting!

gbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
Well, let's see. Today I saw a good sized turtle leaving our yard and crossing the street. My friends the Ibises hang out here most every day. There's a baby alligator in the pond around the corner.... mama too, I'm sure, but I didn't see her today. This afternoon there was a heron across the street. And when I was driving back from dropping off my daughter at her bus stop, we got to watch a mama duck with at least 6 brand new babies following her.

We live right in the city, too, although our neighborhood takes great pains to keep nature around. I love it.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:53 PM

Uh oh....sounds like nest robbers/egg eaters! Scare them off at all costs!

gbh
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
Today we saw two birds protecting their nest which is on our porch; there are some ugly black birds that keep "hanging" around.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:56 PM

Hope it wasn't the bottom half.

I just have not seen the amount of butterflies as in recent years, it is so worrisome. My butterfly bushes used to be just full of them and now, only a few show up each day.

Wrens. So cute. Good day for you. Well, except for neighbor-guy!

gbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Unfortunately... my half naked neighbor hanging out on his deck!!!

Gratefully... several butterflies, dragonflies, and a wren which helped erase the above image.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:58 PM

LOL Sweetie Pie, you are maybe right. One of my cats got popped with a raccoon paw when she was investigating him a bit too close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
I think my 2 outside cats have made a pact with the coon family. The cats beg & cry every evening for a second scoop of cat food, that they hardly touch. Instead, they let the Coonbini family help themselves to their dinner in exchange for not getting whacked!

Old 06-07-2011, 07:01 PM

Default Thanks everyone~

I was just going to THANK ALL OF YOU for posting sightings and fun stories. Nature is awesome.....amazing how we all find a way (usually) to live on the same planet.

gbh
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Thanks for starting this, GBH. Some neat stories.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:08 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,108,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
LOL Sweetie Pie, you are maybe right. One of my cats got popped with a raccoon paw when she was investigating him a bit too close!
Ha! It only took one swipe, an abscess, a trip to the vet & some antibiotics and my tough boy got the message!

He's a good mouser though!

Oh, and now that the 500 acre ranch next to us took down all their cedars, the deer have moved in to our measly 10 acres and are eating everything in sight.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:41 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,589,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Great, Florida is such a good bird/animal state. I just moved to SC coast and now in the area of alligators. Oddly, I am scared of them.....they are so prehistoric, and they eat dogs and little kids!

Thanks for posting!

gbh
A little alligator fear is healthy. But they'll leave you alone if you leave them alone. It does make me nervous when my cat tries to wander around outside. Hopefully he has enough sense to stay away from a gator, but you never know!

Now I can add my friend the giant toad, who was just hanging out on our front porch. And there's a really good sized black racer in the backyard who comes up and looks in our sliding glass door sometimes. Dh said he saw an enormous pancake turtle around the corner earlier today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature