Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 08:43 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,694,412 times

Advertisements

And then you are hooked

For me, once interested, found I was even more aware of my surroundings. Began vacation trips around birding hotspots. I was fortunate to go to Costa Rica for a few weeks and OH....so many beautiful birds that of course we do not have in North America. And the colors

Enjoy, I have read of your area, sounds very special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDreams View Post
We were never into birds until we moved to where we are now. So many different kinds we finally bought a book and have been identifying and keeping track.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 09:53 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,190,237 times
gbh, the first time I saw a live parrot, I was sure it was a fake! I didn't realize that their colors are truly that vivid.

LOL...forgot to tell you folks about hubby's gekko rescue. We went to Wally World a couple of days ago. He grabbed a cart on the way in and, all of a sudden, he stopped dead and started looking at the cart. Well, I thought the cart had a stuck wheel or something. No, there was a poor gekko, running all over it, trying to get away. It took a few tries, but he caught it in his hat and brought it outside. Poor little thing.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:05 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,694,412 times
Your husband is just meant to save wildlife in danger!
Tell him the folks on the nature thread say:

Parrots ARE incredible. It is not just the colors, but they are awesome, they are such chatty birds. Seeing Scarlet Macaws flying in the wild was stunning, and a sloth (oops, not a bird) and squirrel & howler monkeys in the wild (another not-a-bird) and on and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
gbh, the first time I saw a live parrot, I was sure it was a fake! I didn't realize that their colors are truly that vivid.

LOL...forgot to tell you folks about hubby's gekko rescue. We went to Wally World a couple of days ago. He grabbed a cart on the way in and, all of a sudden, he stopped dead and started looking at the cart. Well, I thought the cart had a stuck wheel or something. No, there was a poor gekko, running all over it, trying to get away. It took a few tries, but he caught it in his hat and brought it outside. Poor little thing.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:02 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,190,237 times
DH just loves animals.....except barking dogs.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:05 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,810,582 times
Quote:

Your hubby is a here. I love geckos!!

Old 09-21-2011, 05:34 PM

19,212 posts, read 15,079,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by light_shimmer View Post
The local Kmart's garden display was feeding the local critters a few weeks ago. I got a kick out of it....
Haha, that's so cute.

Quote:
Awww...nice hubby.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Your hubby is a here. I love geckos!!
Uh ya...that would be hero

Old 09-21-2011, 10:23 PM

15,972 posts, read 9,333,121 times
Saw a little roadrunner today running across the parking lot at work.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:48 PM

560 posts, read 844,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by light_shimmer View Post
The local Kmart's garden display was feeding the local critters a few weeks ago. I got a kick out of it....
Thanks light shimmer! I love that pic as it makes me think of my love/hate relationship with our bunnies. We haven't got our fenced garden in yet and they ate all our pepper plants so I had to put some in pots.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Saw a little roadrunner today running across the parking lot at work.
I have never seen a roadrunner (except on Bugs Bunny), but I would like to. I imagine, they are very cute?!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature