Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 06:09 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,108,728 times

Advertisements

Could be the exporter pulled a fast one by putting one kind of wood on the outside and anther kind of wood on the inside. Can they look at every bit of wood coming into shore? I doubt it. When I put something on the shelf, I have to compromise a bit. Does the number of a certain quantity look right, or is it off? If it doesn't look right, I'll count it if it's feasible. If not I just put it on the shelf. Then once a year we inventory everything, and even then it may not be perfect. Lots of it is in boxes, and there are thousands of boxes. So do we open every box and count the stuff inside? Absolutely not, because it is just not possible with the time we have.

As far as I'm concerned, maybe somebody did make a mistake. Doesn't mean they shut down an entire company. These days, especially under Obama, there are a lot of thugs running around and that is what makes me a little peeved. Scuse me if I rant just a little bit. But no thugs are gonna get the better of me, especially in the state I live in.

The end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 06:22 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,204,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Could be the exporter pulled a fast one by putting one kind of wood on the outside and anther kind of wood on the inside. Can they look at every bit of wood coming into shore? I doubt it. When I put something on the shelf, I have to compromise a bit. Does the number of a certain quantity look right, or is it off? If it doesn't look right, I'll count it if it's feasible. If not I just put it on the shelf. Then once a year we inventory everything, and even then it may not be perfect. Lots of it is in boxes, and there are thousands of boxes. So do we open every box and count the stuff inside? Absolutely not, because it is just not possible with the time we have.

As far as I'm concerned, maybe somebody did make a mistake. Doesn't mean they shut down an entire company. These days, especially under Obama, there are a lot of thugs running around and that is what makes me a little peeved. Scuse me if I rant just a little bit. But no thugs are gonna get the better of me, especially in the state I live in.

The end.
Obama has thugs? Really?

Old 09-12-2011, 06:40 PM

18,337 posts, read 26,404,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Why shouldn't they think it's OK?

It's the source country who decides whether or not to sell to extinction their own natural resources.

If the products are illegally exported from a country it should be up to that country to fix their internal problem, not ours...

This law like many other government laws are perfect examples of why America's businesses are going down the tubes...
Most of these poor and corrupt countries don't have the resources to stop the illegal logging. Cutting out the market for illegally cut endangered species will end the incentive for the illegal cutters.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Most of these poor and corrupt countries don't have the resources to stop the illegal logging. Cutting out the market for illegally cut endangered species will end the incentive for the illegal cutters.
Exactly. It isn't like there aren't alternatives to this wood available.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Obama has thugs? Really?
You bet. Why would Mr. Eliseo Medina (bigshot union guy), Oxnard, CA and Ms. Liza Medina
Be invited to the White House for dinner?

And on top of that?

Old 09-12-2011, 07:48 PM

Interesting that you would post something from a thread with the title "rants and raves". Is there any evidence that Obama directed anyone to do what is claimed in that copy and paste?

Eliseo Medina, Secretary-Treasurer

Eliseo Medina is described by the Los Angeles Times as "one of the most successful labor organizers in the country". So why wouldn't Obama invite him to the white house? Are you suggesting that labor leaders don't have a voice? That no other president has ever invited a labor leader to the white house? I would find that to be very unlikely.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:13 PM

Sure, they probably all have, but I don't trust this one. Allowing "immigrants" into the country, as they put it, is not what I'm for. And the underlying theme is that they want more workers from Mexico to be here in the US so the can be in their union. At least Bush was opposed to amnesty.

The goal of that union is to have everybody in the union, of course, but that's the wrong way to go about it. Wisconsin did some good stuff, standing up to unions. And there's been a big fight over Boeing. Why does it have to be a big fight? South Carolina is a state where unions are very weak and the big unions don't like that. But business is not always the union business. Tough. Deal with it.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Sure, they probably all have, but I don't trust this one. Allowing "immigrants" into the country, as they put it, is not what I'm for. And the underlying theme is that they want more workers from Mexico to be here in the US so the can be in their union. At least Bush was opposed to amnesty.

The goal of that union is to have everybody in the union, of course, but that's the wrong way to go about it. Wisconsin did some good stuff, standing up to unions. And there's been a big fight over Boeing. Why does it have to be a big fight? South Carolina is a state where unions are very weak and the big unions don't like that. But business is not always the union business. Tough. Deal with it.
Brian. We are all either immigrants or decendants of immigrants. Bush was not opposed to amnesty. He actually proposed an amnesty program. Even Fox went ballistic over it:

FOXNews.com - Bush Amnesty Plan Threatens U.S. Economy - Opinion

Old 09-12-2011, 08:19 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,143,491 times
How did we go from importing wood to illegal aliens and union people?????

Old 09-12-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
How did we go from importing wood to illegal aliens and union people?????
I have no idea. I suppose I inadvertantly followed the leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature