Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 07:27 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,202,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
baloney. they got a theory but pieces of the puzzle are missing. they keep saying we almost got it. they don't got it.
its a theory nothing more. more disturbing when new pieces dont fit, they throw them away.

What pieces, where? The biological theory of evolution is, in fact, one of the most successful scientific theories in history. Nearly all of our improvements in food and medicine, as well as our rather deep understanding of plant and animal life on this planet is a result of the success of this theory.

That said, I am not going to waste my time trying to explain it to someone who obviously isn't interested. All I will say is that you should get a real science education before you try to have a conversation with a scientist such as myself on a topic I've spent my entire adult life studying and researching. That way, you won't walk away with mud on your face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 12:21 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,139,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
What pieces, where? The biological theory of evolution is, in fact, one of the most successful scientific theories in history. Nearly all of our improvements in food and medicine, as well as our rather deep understanding of plant and animal life on this planet is a result of the success of this theory.

That said, I am not going to waste my time trying to explain it to someone who obviously isn't interested. All I will say is that you should get a real science education before you try to have a conversation with a scientist such as myself on a topic I've spent my entire adult life studying and researching. That way, you won't walk away with mud on your face.
rudeness and pride are never indicators of education

one of many elephants in the living room.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonaguni_Monument

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 03-08-2012 at 12:32 AM..

Old 03-08-2012, 06:45 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,202,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
rudeness and pride are never indicators of education
You are assuming that those who support a religious belief as if it is a scientific theory while constantly harping anti-science rhetoric somehow deserve the respect of the world's scientific community. I wouldn't make that assumption if I were you.

Quote:
one of many elephants in the living room.
Yonaguni Monument - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A 20 million year old natural sandstone and mudstone formation IS quite an elephant in the room - for CREATIONISTS. Why? Because it kinda screws up their 10,000 year old universe. Oh, and from your link:

Quote:
Some of those who have studied the formation, such as geologist Robert Schoch of Boston University, state that it is most likely a natural formation, possibly used and modified by humans in the past. Schoch observes that the sandstones that make up the Yonaguni formation "contain numerous well-defined, parallel bedding planes along which the layers easily separate. The rocks of this group are also criss-crossed by numerous sets of parallel and vertical (relative to the horizontal bedding planes of the rocks) joints and fractures. Yonaguni lies in an earthquake-prone region; such earthquakes tend to fracture the rocks in a regular manner."[1][14] He also observes that on the northeast coast of Yonaguni there are regular formations similar to those seen at the Monument.[1][15] Schoch also believes that the "drawings" identified by Kimura are natural scratches on the rocks.[14] This is also the view of John Anthony West.[3]
Patrick D. Nunn, Professor of Oceanic Geoscience at the University of the South Pacific, has studied these structures extensively and notes that the structures below the water continue in the Sanninudai slate cliffs above, which have "been fashioned solely by natural processes" and concludes in regard to the underwater structures that "there seems no reason to suppose that they are artificial."[16]
Other examples of natural formations with flat faces and sharp straight edges are the basalt columns of the Giant's Causeway and the natural staircase formation on Old Rag Mountain.[17]
Next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature