Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 01:03 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,182,049 times

Advertisements

Sorry if this has already been posted. I also wasn't sure if this was the best forum to post it on, but it seems to be the best out of the bunch...

BEST COMPILATION UFO? EARTH SOUNDS?TECTONIC PLATES SHIFTING? - Around the World 2011 (Earthquakes?) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 09:10 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,497,895 times
Very eery to hear .

My gut tells me either the space aliens are finally arriving or jesus has finally returned as the christians have been saying all these years now .

Seriously i'm assuming something to do with the solar flares interacting with the earths magnetic field as there were major ones happening back in march 2011 when this noise phenomenon was happening.

Spectacular X-Class Solar Flare-March 2011 - YouTube

Maybe some of the smart astro physics posters on here might have a hunch about it?

Old 09-17-2011, 11:51 AM

5,463 posts, read 9,591,123 times
Not the same kind of sounds, but subject reminded me of what was been coined the "Taos Hum" or "Bristol Hum" some years back, which is said to be some kind of mysterious vibration.

One thing I noticed in the video of the OPs post is that the noises widely vary in the different clips that were complied. Another thing I noticed is that the low vibrating noises appear to be heard in certain locations but apparently not in other locations. Still another thing is that it appears reports about it have popped up at different times of the year.

One of the clips in the video that I found very suspicious and probably fake, was the one showing three lights at night in a triangular formation. The camera turns from the lights to a guy who says something like "Do you see that?" There are too many red flags about that clip.

It appears that the source of the sounds might be localized. As distinct and loud as the vibrational sounds seem to be, you'd think people over a very widely spread area would have heard it.

I don't think it has anything to do with solar flares making the sounds, primarly because you'd think it wouldn't likely be so selective in the location that heard it. In addition, if these noises have occured at different times during the year, I don't think that would be very consistant with an unusual solar flare activity.

It's possible it could be related to distant mechanical or electrical sound vibrations magnified and carried through the air under some unusual atmospheric conditions. Example: sound can be carried and magnified under humid or foggy weather conditions, with very calm to no breezes. Except for the suspicious triangular lights clip, the other clips didn't seem to be foggy, but it could still be humid. Another possibility, is that the sounds could've been carried along higher up in a layer that's more humid, while clear and dry at ground level.

I certainly haven't heard anything unusual like that in the last year or so. Some time ago, we heard a humming noise that was quite noticable, especially at night. Turned to be a transformer on a power pole. It was replaced and has never made a sound since.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:13 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,199,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Not the same kind of sounds, but subject reminded me of what was been coined the "Taos Hum" or "Bristol Hum" some years back, which is said to be some kind of mysterious vibration.

One thing I noticed in the video of the OPs post is that the noises widely vary in the different clips that were complied. Another thing I noticed is that the low vibrating noises appear to be heard in certain locations but apparently not in other locations. Still another thing is that it appears reports about it have popped up at different times of the year.

One of the clips in the video that I found very suspicious and probably fake, was the one showing three lights at night in a triangular formation. The camera turns from the lights to a guy who says something like "Do you see that?" There are too many red flags about that clip.

It appears that the source of the sounds might be localized. As distinct and loud as the vibrational sounds seem to be, you'd think people over a very widely spread area would have heard it.

I don't think it has anything to do with solar flares making the sounds, primarly because you'd think it wouldn't likely be so selective in the location that heard it. In addition, if these noises have occured at different times during the year, I don't think that would be very consistant with an unusual solar flare activity.

It's possible it could be related to distant mechanical or electrical sound vibrations magnified and carried through the air under some unusual atmospheric conditions. Example: sound can be carried and magnified under humid or foggy weather conditions, with very calm to no breezes. Except for the suspicious triangular lights clip, the other clips didn't seem to be foggy, but it could still be humid. Another possibility, is that the sounds could've been carried along higher up in a layer that's more humid, while clear and dry at ground level.

I certainly haven't heard anything unusual like that in the last year or so. Some time ago, we heard a humming noise that was quite noticable, especially at night. Turned to be a transformer on a power pole. It was replaced and has never made a sound since.

By what medium would a sound from solar flares travel across 93 million miles of empty space to reach the ears of someone on Earth? I definitely think we can rule that one out.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:04 PM

5,463 posts, read 9,591,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
By what medium would a sound from solar flares travel across 93 million miles of empty space to reach the ears of someone on Earth? I definitely think we can rule that one out.
Exactly. To quote from the promo poster for the movie, ALIEN:
"In Space.....
No One Can Hear You Scream!"

6 foot 3 wasn't suggesting that solar flares make noise in space, but was wondering if the flares might interact with Earth's magnetic field in a way that could somehow result in some kind of noise. He didn't elaborate how.

My position is that I don't think solar flares have anything to do with the noise. If anything, it's probably nothing dramatic. There are plenty of ways for more mundane earthly sounds to be carried across distances. To me, the sounds appear more mechanical or could be from electrical equipment. The sounds from the various clips in the video don't sound identical, which to me, suggests the sounds are coming from different sources. I think if the source or sources can be determined, the response would be "Oh yeah, that's what it is!"

Old 09-17-2011, 04:52 PM

15,440 posts, read 21,218,755 times
Tectonic plates and faults sliding way down deep?

Old 09-17-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Exactly. To quote from the promo poster for the movie, ALIEN:
"In Space.....
No One Can Hear You Scream!"

6 foot 3 wasn't suggesting that solar flares make noise in space, but was wondering if the flares might interact with Earth's magnetic field in a way that could somehow result in some kind of noise. He didn't elaborate how.

My position is that I don't think solar flares have anything to do with the noise. If anything, it's probably nothing dramatic. There are plenty of ways for more mundane earthly sounds to be carried across distances. To me, the sounds appear more mechanical or could be from electrical equipment. The sounds from the various clips in the video don't sound identical, which to me, suggests the sounds are coming from different sources. I think if the source or sources can be determined, the response would be "Oh yeah, that's what it is!"
I agree.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Tectonic plates and faults sliding way down deep?
I've heard what earthquakes and igneous/volcanic noise sounds like. That is definitely not what these sounds are.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:06 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,414,577 times
The earth is 4.5 billion years old, has a shell like a cracked egg and under constant strain with the gravity of the sun and moon constantly tugging at it. Of course it is going to groan and moan.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:13 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,182,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The earth is 4.5 billion years old, has a shell like a cracked egg and under constant strain with the gravity of the sun and moon constantly tugging at it. Of course it is going to groan and moan.

Kind of describes my old man!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature