U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-06-2012, 08:06 AM

10,584 posts, read 4,276,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I do not recall the name, but it was a Bishop who came up with the 6,000 year figure since Creation.

Essentially, he created a 'time line' from the Old Testament, using the age at death given therein from Adam up to, well, somebody. It is surprising how long the old folks lived: I believe Adam lived to 900 years or so, as did Noah, but then it was downhill from there; I believe one of Noah's grandsons died in his infancy, age 230 years.
THAT - I believe...ancient ancient man...would be in perfect tune with nature...in perfect health...in perfect step with God...yes people did live that long..Then man went into decline with that big brain of his and that incredible sometime destructive imagination...started doing the wrong things...eating the wrong things...thinking things that were the wrong things that caused more and more life destroying stress..

Only recently has the life span been increased from 20 years to about 80 years...through the long and hard struggle of science...It's cool the way in the OT that they knew an average life span was 3 score and ten...70 years...The part where GOD moves on the deep - the void of nothingness and creates a spark of light that expands...(big bang)....Then the term "firmament" which literally means a dome (atmosphere)...the ancients were not that dumb...and the records can not be approached with a closed mind...

Time.............................................. .............................is not measured by God....we created time by using that great clock called the solar system...other than that...no one knows how old the earth is...
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 08:11 AM

9,831 posts, read 7,538,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
oh, i see now.

you really aren't much interested in this at all, except the extent to which you can use it to bludgeon your political opponents.

gotcha.

it's already in the works..

Mammoth clone is coming: Russians ink deal with Korean biotech firm

http://i44.tinypic.com/1z36lbr.jpg <-- link to pic of dead mammoth so you don't have to see it if you don't want to.
Oh, you should've been here a few minutes ago. Someone tried to say it wasn't politically relevant and suggested the Science forum.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:25 AM

3,445 posts, read 1,238,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
That is quite a conundrum. How can the mammoth be older than the Planet as we were told?

Easy answer, the guy doing the telling did not know what he was talking about. He may have been certain but he was completely wrong. It happens.

The rest of us, that have evidence that the world is older than 4 billion years, just watch in amazement.
Not really, it's actually quite simply. You see, before god formed the Earth and created all the life he needed to warm up a little. So he picked a few animals, Woolly being one of them, and created those animals before creating the earth. He then put the animals in a special pen in heaven while waiting for the earth to form. Once the earth was nice and cool, he figured it would be best to beam them down to Siberia instead of putting the practice animals in a more productive area of the planet. That's why Wollys didn't do so well, they were just for practice. So this Woolly was created 4,000 years before the actual earth, but it had only been on earth for 2 years before it died. So it was both 10,000 and 2 years old.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
oh, i see now.

you really aren't much interested in this at all, except the extent to which you can use it to bludgeon your political opponents.

gotcha.

it's already in the works..

Mammoth clone is coming: Russians ink deal with Korean biotech firm

http://i44.tinypic.com/1z36lbr.jpg <-- link to pic of dead mammoth so you don't have to see it if you don't want to.
The Russians want to clone the Woolly so that they can create War Mammoths.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:29 AM

4,180 posts, read 1,581,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
THAT - I believe...ancient ancient man...would be in perfect tune with nature...in perfect health...in perfect step with God...yes people did live that long..Then man went into decline with that big brain of his and that incredible sometime destructive imagination...started doing the wrong things...eating the wrong things...thinking things that were the wrong things that caused more and more life destroying stress..

Only recently has the life span been increased from 20 years to about 80 years...through the long and hard struggle of science...It's cool the way in the OT that they knew an average life span was 3 score and ten...70 years...The part where GOD moves on the deep - the void of nothingness and creates a spark of light that expands...(big bang)....Then the term "firmament" which literally means a dome (atmosphere)...the ancients were not that dumb...and the records can not be approached with a closed mind...

Time.............................................. .............................is not measured by God....we created time by using that great clock called the solar system...other than that...no one knows how old the earth is...

Actually, around 4.5 billions years old.

You're welcome.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:30 AM

4,180 posts, read 1,581,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The Russians want to clone the Woolly so that they can create War Mammoths.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:42 AM

Where did you get that classified picture? This is all in response to Obama's missile defense proposal.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:51 AM

10,584 posts, read 4,276,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I could care less about the religion but cloning hairy elephants iis interesting. That would be a way of exploiting the sub arctic taiga. Ever wonder how many mammoth burgers you could make out of real fresh mammoth? While they are at it how about cloning some Utah Raptors to take care of the wild pig infestation.
Don't quit your day job....you were funny the first time....second time...well ......almost funny....pig infestation....? Send me--- I will eat them all....Back to religion...and I don't like the word...If you are going to be religious- better do some thinking................."To God a second is a thousand years and a thousand years a second'- To para phrase.

...Only an idiot would not understand or heed that....God has no time.....he is eternal...and for humans to put time limits of 6000 years on things....is an insult to human God given intelligence....There is no time...and as I said.............................6000 years or six billion...there is no difference....................now toss those mammoth burgers on the fire....all this useless lecturing has made me hungry.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:02 PM

10,172 posts, read 5,357,361 times
Quote:
how is this political or controversial?

The science forum is that-a-way ---->
Actually it is controversial, because it is related to our Warming Globe.

Thanks to satellites and ground penetrating radar and a number of other finds, we are beginning to get a clearer picture of what happened.

There is now more than mere circumstantial evidence that Earth was hit by an impactor that broke apart; that it cause a global tsunami that is related in myth as "flood stories"; that this also brought an abrupt and early end to the Ice Age; and that it caused a brief period of global cooling which resulted in the extinction of certain classes of animals, namely saber-tooth tigers, mastodons, wooly mammoths, giant sloths, giant bears et al.

Had that event not occurred, the Ice Age would be ending perhaps now, and so you can see the relevance.

Controversially...

Mircea

Old 04-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Status: "there are no kings inside the gates of Eden" (set 13 days ago)

9,699 posts, read 7,193,762 times
That picture is an obvious fake. They took a dead Yetti, stuck some clompy mukluks on his feat and pressed a wet-vac hose up to his face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature