U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-07-2012, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Visitation between Wal-Mart & Home Depot
8,310 posts, read 19,922,822 times
Reputation: 6605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreison Rhodes View Post
There are times when the "What they don't know" rule, is quite useful.
I would be very surprised to learn that there would be legal penalties for killing a venomous snake in unacceptable proximity to children in any U.S. jurisdiction...

 
Old 08-07-2012, 12:14 PM
 
Location: On the coast, east of the everglades.
14,135 posts, read 5,460,511 times
Reputation: 59623
The venomous snakes are being extirpated from most of their range and need protection from the stupidity of humans.
 
Old 08-07-2012, 12:38 PM
 
4,693 posts, read 7,199,885 times
Reputation: 3045
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I would be very surprised to learn that there would be legal penalties for killing a venomous snake in unacceptable proximity to children in any U.S. jurisdiction...
It's illegal in Ct. to kill rattlesnakes. They are protected because their numbers are dwindling.

DEP: Timber Rattlesnake Fact Sheet

Timber rattlesnakes are protected by Connecticut's threatened and endangered species legislation and cannot be killed. If you observe anyone killing a rattlesnake, report the violation to the state TIP (Turn in Poachers) Program at 1-800-842-HELP. The Wildlife Division appreciates your help in conserving this important species and welcomes sighting reports and other information you may have.
 
Old 08-07-2012, 01:33 PM
 
Location: On the coast, east of the everglades.
14,135 posts, read 5,460,511 times
Reputation: 59623
^^^^ I appreciate your intelligent post.
 
Old 08-07-2012, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Visitation between Wal-Mart & Home Depot
8,310 posts, read 19,922,822 times
Reputation: 6605
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
It's illegal in Ct. to kill rattlesnakes. They are protected because their numbers are dwindling.

DEP: Timber Rattlesnake Fact Sheet

Timber rattlesnakes are protected by Connecticut's threatened and endangered species legislation and cannot be killed. If you observe anyone killing a rattlesnake, report the violation to the state TIP (Turn in Poachers) Program at 1-800-842-HELP. The Wildlife Division appreciates your help in conserving this important species and welcomes sighting reports and other information you may have.
I'm not surprised that a threatened or endangered snake would enjoy state and/or federal protection, I'm surprised that there would be no provision for an "emergency take".
 
Old 08-07-2012, 02:26 PM
 
Location: On the coast, east of the everglades.
14,135 posts, read 5,460,511 times
Reputation: 59623
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I'm not surprised that a threatened or endangered snake would enjoy state and/or federal protection, I'm surprised that there would be no provision for an "emergency take".


Emergency take? What's that? The only "emergency take" imaginable would be an emergency to take two of the very last of their kind in order to breed them and re-release them.
 
Old 08-07-2012, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Visitation between Wal-Mart & Home Depot
8,310 posts, read 19,922,822 times
Reputation: 6605
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Emergency take? What's that? The only "emergency take" imaginable would be an emergency to take two of the very last of their kind in order to breed them and re-release them.
Please see post #37
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top