U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 09:35 AM

9,012 posts, read 8,312,171 times

Advertisements

This is a bizarre thread.....
Just the thought is gross
I'm a nudist, but not in the wild
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 12:49 PM

3,194 posts, read 4,845,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
This is a bizarre thread.....
Just the thought is gross
I'm a nudist, but not in the wild
How can it be "gross"? I'm not a "nudist" but see nothing wrong with responsible social nudity outdoors. We're not talking about flashing or streaking in public.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:28 PM

26,160 posts, read 15,356,638 times
Im naked now!!!!! (I dont like clothes)

Old 03-22-2016, 10:25 AM

16,721 posts, read 40,984,542 times
We have a legal clothing optional county park on Lake Travis, near Austin, TX called Hippie Hollow. https://parks.traviscountytx.gov/fin.../hippie-hollow

It feels great to swim and sunbath in the nude, very freeing.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:32 AM

761 posts, read 637,861 times
Been to Gunnison Beach in Sandy Hook, NJ: Sandy Hook is part of the federal Gateway National Recreation Area, so local ordinances don't apply and the nude beach is fantastic.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:51 PM

26,160 posts, read 15,356,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn
We have a legal clothing optional county park on Lake Travis, near Austin, TX called Hippie Hollow. https://parks.traviscountytx.gov/fin.../hippie-hollow

It feels great to swim and sunbath in the nude, very freeing.
Wow I would love to come and join you guys

Old 03-22-2016, 04:57 PM

2,926 posts, read 3,049,035 times
Ever gone naked in the wild?

No, but I've gone wild while naked !

Seriously, when I was growing up we swam naked in the river , we called the swimming hole
"Bare A-- Beach ! We had a old wooden plank for a diving board and had loads of fun.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:06 PM

9,416 posts, read 17,388,691 times
Twice. The first time I was 10 or 11, fishing and hanging out with a friend in the timber on our farm. When my mom asked me what we wore for bathing suits and I said nuthin, I got to pick a cup of black walnuts to remind me not to go skinny dipping again.

The second time was with my wife several years ago. We were on a long and strenuous wilderness hike and decided to take a detour to the river for some skinny dipping. We had a great time splashing around in the water, then finally dressed... and noticed there was another hiking trail on the ridge just above where we were swimming... etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
My wife, son and myself were birding in SE Arizona, walking along a stream. In the distance I could see a figure approaching. As it got nearer, it was clear all he had on was a fanny pack and hiking boots. He was an older gentleman, perfectly tanned and physically fit. As we passed he said, "no offense intended, just hiking thru." I think I said, none taken. When we got back to the ranger station, I commented to the lady ranger that I had seen a rare bird up the trail. She got excited and said,"What kind was it?. I said it was a Naked Jaybird and she started laughing. She said, "oh that was Mr. xxxxxx. He hikes here all the time.

You meet the nicest people birding.
I thought this was going to be the same story as my daughter related to me shortly after she and her husband moved to Tucson. Seems they were out for a hike on a trail they'd never tried before when they met one of those Naked Jaybirds. They thought it a little odd but carried on. Then they met another one.

When they completed the hike they took a closer look at the sign. It was a trail for Naked Jaybirds.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:02 PM

862 posts, read 750,227 times
Twice

Once when I was washing my truck in a creek in West Virginia. No houses nearby so I figured why not.

Some years back I did go naked in the wild at a clothing optional male only resort in Pennsylvania. Kinda fun to walk in the woods naked but I did see an older man wearing nothing but hiking boots and smoking a pipe..and he was chopping wood. That was painful to see.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:08 PM

8,955 posts, read 7,733,997 times
Wife and rented a villa in Jamaica. It had a "private" beach. One afternoon after a skinny dip we were getting it on, on the beach. Out of the jungle/woods walked a group of hikers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature