Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 10:00 PM

606 posts, read 730,420 times

Advertisements

Um yep, you're prolly dead already, RIP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 05:26 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
Yes, I can honestly say that you WILL DIE!!
I don't know when, and I don't know what will cause your death (it may or may not be related to your mouse poo episode), but you will die.
But then, so will we all...

Old 09-28-2016, 06:37 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplugnw View Post
i did not see it, but there were mouse little poops that feel on me from a box, will i be ok? they just fell on my pants.
I linked some info. Center for Disease Control link below.

You do need to read the concerns and use caution when cleaning areas were mice are or have been.

Besides mice streaming urine constantly, on anything and any surface they pass over.....they carry ticks, mites and diseases. If you use open mouse catchers, these can still spread....so use enclosed mouse traps, which can trap the blood and parasites while killing the mouse.

http://www.cdc.gov/rodents/diseases/direct.html

Old 10-17-2016, 10:04 PM

7 posts, read 7,986 times
Default Careful with cleaning them

The hantavirus associated with mouse droppings lives inside it and when disturbed comes air borne. We humans are most at risk of transmission while inhaling. Thus ensure whle cleaning thet you do not stir up harmful dusts. The symptoms are quite similar to common flu.

How to clean?

Open all the windows and doors for proper ventilation.
Wear proper safety equipment during cleanup.
Never sweep or vacuum droppings
Soak all infected surfaces with commercial garde disinfectant (1 part bleach to 10 parts water)
Wipe up all droppings with papaer towel
Thoroughly wash hands and clothing with soap and water.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:32 AM

248 posts, read 194,379 times
I ask those living in homes infested w/ mice to collect the feces and I put them on my morning oatmeal or add to scrambled eggs.

Do hope the person starting this thread is still living after reading all of the advice.

Best Regards All

Old 10-18-2016, 03:22 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Wow, some of you are pretty insensitive. The OP had obviously heard (rightly so) that mouse poop can carry disease and was worried.

http://health.gov.on.ca/en/public/pu...ase/hanta.aspx

Quote:
People can be exposed to the virus in several ways :

most often by breathing in infected dust from deer mice droppings or urine;
being bitten by an infected deer mouse;
touching any broken skin after contact with infected material.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature