U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 01:56 PM

193 posts, read 45,753 times

Advertisements

I watched a show on TV called Texas Lone Star a few months ago, where a game warden was called to a house. The home owner had been reported as discharging a firearm in his home.

The man had used his shotgun to kill a large snake that was going along the wall, inside the mans home.

When the warden was showed the dead snake the man had taken outside, he let the homeowner know that he had just killed a "protected species", a big timber rattler.

He then issued the man a ticket that cost him $450.00.

To which all I can say is... WTH people ??? Really ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 03:31 PM

1,319 posts, read 957,923 times
[quote=Dogboa;55041898]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post

Yup, the idiots way of thinking. I'm not from a big city and have spent many days in the Everglades.

Since you're so smart, maybe you can figure out a way to remove the pythons that have been relocated to the Everglades.

Old 04-27-2019, 03:45 PM

1,103 posts, read 258,567 times
[quote=bagster;55046607]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post

Since you're so smart, maybe you can figure out a way to remove the pythons that have been relocated to the Everglades.
I've already addressed that issue! It is the dumb that can't understand hurricane Andrew!

Old Today, 07:38 AM

13,953 posts, read 11,432,997 times
[quote=Dogboa;55046694]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post

I've already addressed that issue! It is the dumb that can't understand hurricane Andrew!

Well. at this point it doesn't really matter any more how they got there. They are there and there's no getting rid of them. They are now part of the ecosystem. Can't say as I'd be thrilled to be dealing with large constrictors in my backyard. I like my small ones that eat gophers, mice and rats that eat my horse feed and chew stuff up but a snake that would happily eat my dog...not so much.

I wouldn't be calling NDOW or county animal control if I had one in my yard. It would be a recipient of a 12 ga round of suitable configuration to put the critter down and render it harmless. Don't think I have much to worry about here though. Thankfully those animals would not find the climate and terrain here very hospitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or