U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 03:34 PM

3,770 posts, read 2,560,131 times

Advertisements

I'd say where the Andes Mountains begans in the Amazon rainforest. You'd get the Amazon the heart of life for us land dwellers plus the dramatic height differentials of the largest mountain range on Earth.

I think Africa is definitely up next my personal favorite would be the okavango Delta in Botswana winch swells with life when flooded yearly.

Within the U.S. Alaska has to be amazing, and completely untamed for the most part. Yellowstone as someone else mentioned and that entire region albeit the abundance of plains sort of takes away from the natural beauty it possesses. My third one is definitely Florida, normally when people move in you see species dying in Mass. In Florida they thrive when people arive, and get worse actually just look at the Python problem there right now just going through any forest there and you feel the sense of everything is alive!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2019, 01:07 PM

4,093 posts, read 2,576,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
If you want to be amazed by spectacular wildlife in both quantity and variety, where would you go to see this?

Topographic variety is an added plus.
I just returned from spending 3 weeks in Africa. Namibia, Botswana, and Zimbabwe. I saw 34 different species of animals, 65 different species of birds, and 4 different reptiles. Didn't see any fish though.

The scenery was spectacular, beautiful sunsets, perfect weather. I never got sick (unlike Mexico, in which I've gotten the runs a few times) and in Namibia you can drink the tap water. I mostly camped in national park campgrounds, but stayed in some private ones to. I rented a 4x4 truck and drove it. I highly recommend going there. You see the animals in their natural habitat, often quite close. You hear lions roaring at night and if lucky see them take down a buffalo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or