U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 04:59 AM

1,408 posts, read 363,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterkIjon View Post
It started out with many deer ( I put out corn daily)

Then the squirrel population grew.

I started seeing one racoon and I named him "Ricky"
When I opened the bedroom door and put on the flood light he would scurry away and I gently kept calling.." Ricky, Ricky racoooooon "
He would slowly emerge back from the brush by the creek.

Now, my trail cam showed 13 racoons one night all at once eating corn !

Love seeing deer........wish the squirrels and racoons would leave.
Feeding wildlife can cause problems. The worst case is having to destroy the animal(s). Morons who feed alligators are an example. Once the gator(s) associate humans with food (only takes one feeding) they have to be destroyed to prevent problems in the future.
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature