U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM

7,944 posts, read 3,397,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
The preferred method for getting a decent shot was to position yourself [in a "hide"--like a sniper-- ] about 200 yards down-wind from a caribou or moose "gut-pile" remaining from some ones successful hunt in the recent past.
My 1961 Sako Finnbear in 7mm Mag ..162 gr Nosler did the job.
Humble brag? I suspect many posters on this particular forum would appreciate the wolf skin more with the wolf still occupying it, not tacked on a wall. Maybe this would be better placed in the Hobbies/Recreation forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:11 AM

1,405 posts, read 362,579 times
Unless that wolf was part of a wildlife management hunt, there was no need to take it. I hate trophy hunters. I taught Hunter Safety for the state of Florida and I'm an avid spearfisherman. Today, hunting is one of the tools used to maintain healthy populations in limited areas where the Edge effect is a large consideration. There are only so many individuals that a given area will support and that includes predators.

The state of New York found out the hard way what happens when you eliminate predators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature