U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 10:47 PM

22,057 posts, read 18,600,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I love raccoons, they're so smart and clever, but DO NOT TOUCH THEM!! And don't allow them to touch you.

They carry bacteria that other mammals don't carry - like, squirrels and deer - and wildlife rehabbers have to be vaccinated before they rehab raccoons.
Nah, I will continue to feed her right out of my hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 09:04 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,199,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Nah, I will continue to feed her right out of my hand.

Well be careful. It is a wild animal. Most all raccoons can be pretty docile and eat out of your hand if you're patient...but it is a carrier of disease. It's feces and urine nearby also.
And, having been that route with new litters.

They'll rip your house to shreds given the chance.

As stated earlier in the thread, they can end up costing you a lot of money in repairs.

I had a friend with a pet raccoon bred in captivity. Real cute and friendly. Until it wasn't.

Old Today, 10:49 AM

22,057 posts, read 18,600,956 times
Ha! Yesterday I bought Rocky a 10 piece nugget order from Burger King and just tried to give her a nugget for breakfast #2 and she wouldn't take it! I broke it in half so she could smell the chicken but she still wouldn't eat it. She wanted her kibble! As soon as I offered her a handful of kibble, she happily started to eat. Talk about spoiled! So much for my thinking I was getting her a treat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature