Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 11:56 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,822,767 times

Advertisements

How come nobody has seen (observed) instant mountain building, but we can see (observe) that many mountain ranges world wide are constantly slowly rising even higher than they already are, thus providing evidence for mountain building via continental drift.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:16 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,323,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
How come nobody has seen (observed) instant mountain building, but we can see (observe) that many mountain ranges world wide are constantly slowly rising even higher than they already are, thus providing evidence for mountain building via continental drift.
Please go back and do your homework...

I haven't time to personaly tutor everyone who asks a question...

The instantanious dynamics of the force of nature being observed, and reshaping the enviornment has been observed over and over again...i have various illustrations, even on this very page...

Do your homework first...

Old 12-23-2011, 05:21 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,213,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Please go back and do your homework...

I haven't time to personaly tutor everyone who asks a question...

The instantanious dynamics of the force of nature being observed, and reshaping the enviornment has been observed over and over again...i have various illustrations, even on this very page...

Do your homework first...
EPIC FAIL!

Old 12-23-2011, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Do you really want me to go there??
(on a side note, look at all those mountains and valleys and rifts on the surface...waves waves waves, reminds me of an early earth)

And as far as scientist being 'dumb'...not even...

But I do think many are kept on a harness, and fed doctorine...

I think sometimes the scientific community can be just as religious as the...well...the religious community...

And I think there's a lot of pressure, within the scientific community, to stay within the lines...or else type of deal...

Like what happened to Dr Marshall of land of the lost when he went on the Matt Laur Today show...

I think scientist are told 'this is how it is, and any studies you find contrary to how it is, you will bury, or keep to yourself'

I have a lot of respect for those in the science field, maybe not for their personal every day beliefs, but rather for their dedication to whatever their dicipline is...

Expecially chemist...chemistry is everything...

Anyhow, don't be threatened by me, I'm sure you all will go on to accomplish great things in your perspective fields...

Now about the sun......
Right. Translation: You're a Poe.

How sad.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Right. Translation: You're a Poe.

How sad.
Not this time orogenicman...not this time...

I'm highly evolved...like the cyborgs on star trek...I learn, adapt and adjust...

obviously you haven't....

This science wasn't yours to begin with, so don't understand why you feel you must vigoriously defend false theory...

I was most impressed when you spoke about that which you knew...

For you not to even consider anything I've written about, is very disingenious...

And demonstrates lack of ability to learn...(as well as ego)

In order to learn, you have to be able to consider...

Memorizing text book lines that others have written does not demonstrate learning abilitly...

When your ready to start learning again...I'll be here for ya...

For I have much more to teach you...on other topics....

Old 12-23-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Not this time orogenicman...not this time...

I'm highly evolved...like the cyborgs on star trek...I learn, adapt and adjust...

obviously you haven't....

This science wasn't yours to begin with, so don't understand why you feel you must vigoriously defend false theory...

I was most impressed when you spoke about that which you knew...

For you not to even consider anything I've written about, is very disingenious...

And demonstrates lack of ability to learn...(as well as ego)

In order to learn, you have to be able to consider...

Memorizing text book lines that others have written does not demonstrate learning abilitly...

When your ready to start learning again...I'll be here for ya...

For I have much more to teach you...on other topics....
You say that you learn to adapt and adjust. Try learning something about REAL geology, instead of pulling dinkleberries outta yer arse and calling it science.

By the way, I am published in my field (Journal of Paleontology
74(6):1072-1082. 2000), a peer reviewed journal of international reputation. What peer reviewed scientific morsal have you published?

Old 12-23-2011, 10:38 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
I have scrolled through a few pages of this stuff so I do not know if anyone else has mentioned this but this guy's ideas are not new. Walter Brown and others have put forth the same ideas for years now - way before the 2010 start of this thread.

Personally, I do believe in some type of global catastrophism but I do not know why this is such a big deal with those who reject the Bible or the existence of God - most all anicient cultures record some type of event and yes alot of the geological layers were formed as a result of water (not necessarily the mountain ranges themselves). I do not see how, even if there was a global flood, of some type, this proves the Bible or the existence of God.

Anyway, this guy is seriously a meglomanic and ignorant of the theories that have been floating (parden the pun) around for a long time now.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I have scrolled through a few pages of this stuff so I do not know if anyone else has mentioned this but this guy's ideas are not new. Walter Brown and others have put forth the same ideas for years now - way before the 2010 start of this thread.

Personally, I do believe in some type of global catastrophism but I do not know why this is such a big deal with those who reject the Bible or the existence of God - most all anicient cultures record some type of event and yes alot of the geological layers were formed as a result of water (not necessarily the mountain ranges themselves). I do not see how, even if there was a global flood, of some type, this proves the Bible or the existence of God.

Anyway, this guy is seriously a meglomanic and ignorant of the theories that have been floating (parden the pun) around for a long time now.

Walt Brown is is the worst kind of idiot. It should surprise no one that there are many ancient (and even modern cultures) that have myths and legends about catastrophes, many revolving around floods. It should not be surprising because man has survived for many thousands of years living alongside bodies of water that periodically flood. Whoptie doo.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post

I can unravel great mysterious, I can leap a 5 foot cement barrier in a single bound...but the one thing I can't do is figure out acronyms and what 'meglomanic' means...

What the hll is a meglomaniac? Will you please tell me, so I can figure out if that's me or not??

And whoever this 'Walter Brown' person is...I do not want them borrowing my ideas, without at least giving me credit...if they're giving lectures based on my premise here...than they need to stop, or at least invite me along...

Old 12-23-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I can unravel great mysterious, I can leap a 5 foot cement barrier in a single bound...but the one thing I can't do is figure out acronyms and what 'meglomanic' means...

What the hll is a meglomaniac? Will you please tell me, so I can figure out if that's me or not??

And whoever this 'Walter Brown' person is...I do not want them borrowing my ideas, without at least giving me credit...if they're giving lectures based on my premise here...than they need to stop, or at least invite me along...

I didn't think I'd ever come across anyone dumber than Walt Brown. Well, I suppose I have to be a man now and admit that I was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature