Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 11:21 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,319,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
You say that you learn to adapt and adjust. Try learning something about REAL geology, instead of pulling dinkleberries outta yer arse and calling it science.

By the way, I am published in my field (Journal of Paleontology
74(6):1072-1082. 2000), a peer reviewed journal of international reputation. What peer reviewed scientific morsal have you published?
Look orogenicman...

I'm not trying to undermine anything you've published in your field of study...

I am happy for you...but there's always room for improvement...

However, if you would ever like to write or publish a book that's capable of making the New York Times best seller list...I can help with that...

But I'm not, cause you keep being mean to me, and resisting my premise just to resist it...

I need a James Dean or younger Marland Brondo, of the science world, to step forward...

Old 12-23-2011, 11:29 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,209,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Look orogenicman...

I'm not trying to undermine anything you've published in your field of study...

I am happy for you...but there's always room for improvement...

However, if you would ever like to write or publish a book that's capable of making the New York Times best seller list...I can help with that...

But I'm not, cause you keep being mean to me, and resisting my premise just to resist it...

I need a James Dean or younger Marland Brondo, of the science world, to step forward...
Look, dude. Think about it. Before you start on a crusade to improve a scientific discipline, it makes perfect sense to educate yourself on that scientific discipline first. Obviously, you have skipped many steps along the way in your education, whether by design or accident at birth, who can say?

It's not a matter of resisting your premise because you are making no valid premise in the first place. All you are doing is making a fool out of yourself.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:33 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
I can unravel great mysterious, I can leap a 5 foot cement barrier in a single bound...but the one thing I can't do is figure out acronyms and what 'meglomanic' means...

What the hll is a meglomaniac? Will you please tell me, so I can figure out if that's me or not??

And whoever this 'Walter Brown' person is...I do not want them borrowing my ideas, without at least giving me credit...if they're giving lectures based on my premise here...than they need to stop, or at least invite me along...
Now I know your are a complete fool and probably giving you the benifit of the doubt would simply mean you are pulling everyones leg - but for almost two years is a bit complusive - so what institution do you reside in?

Walt Brown and others have published books on this stuff years ago.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:34 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,068,609 times
Quote:

What the hll is a meglomaniac? Will you please tell me, so I can figure out if that's me or not??

And whoever this 'Walter Brown' person is...I do not want them borrowing my ideas, without at least giving me credit...if they're giving lectures based on my premise here...than they need to stop, or at least invite me along...
You have such a great mind to think of something science has been unable to and you can't do a word search ?

Okay I'll help
Walter Brown: In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood - index.html
Megalomaniac: Megalomaniac - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Old 12-23-2011, 11:36 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Walt Brown is is the worst kind of idiot. It should surprise no one that there are many ancient (and even modern cultures) that have myths and legends about catastrophes, many revolving around floods. It should not be surprising because man has survived for many thousands of years living alongside bodies of water that periodically flood. Whoptie doo.
Yeah, I did not disagree. What's with the attiturd? Don't take you frustration with Time and Space out on me.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Yeah, I did not disagree. What's with the attiturd? Don't take you frustration with Time and Space out on me.
That's the drawback with discussions on these kinds of forums. You can't see the body language. If you took what I said as being critical of you, please accept my apologies. It was not my intention.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:44 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
That's the drawback with discussions on these kinds of forums. You can't see the body language. If you took what I said as being critical of you, please accept my apologies. It was not my intention.
Ok! All good - go and sin no more

Old 12-23-2011, 01:46 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,146,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
...... Anyway, this guy is seriously a meglomanic and ignorant of the theories that have been floating (parden the pun) around for a long time now.
It might be that he's manic-depressive, especially if he has periods of depression in between this sort of high. During the manic phase, one does indeed become a megalomaniac and has almost boundless energy plus little need for sleep, and great creativity ....... as I know from having the illness (controlled by medication). When he comes down he will think of this thread with embarassment, launching him into another depression ..... IF I am right about this. But I might not be since of course I see anyone with similar symptoms as having my problem! Really there are a number of things that can result in megalomania, not just manic-depression.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:44 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,215,956 times
I live among cliffs that were formed thousands of years ago. They are beautiful and heavily forested thus offering a place of rest and safety for birds and small animals. Natural trails were formed among the cliffs and mature trees. Those eventually came to used as a place of passage. I live on a great river, It floods periodically as it has no control over the melt rate of snow or the amount of water that falls from the sky or any other source for that matter. .

None of this explains how or why a mountian cries. It may sound a bit metaphoric and it might be but the question is genuine. I know of a place in Arkansas where where water pours freely down the mountainside as it follows a well worn path to the road below. The native's say the mountian cries.

How does this happen? Is it possible a natural source of water was trapped when the mountain formed?

Old 12-23-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
I live among cliffs that were formed thousands of years ago. They are beautiful and heavily forested thus offering a place of rest and safety for birds and small animals. Natural trails were formed among the cliffs and mature trees. Those eventually came to used as a place of passage. I live on a great river, It floods periodically as it has no control over the melt rate of snow or the amount of water that falls from the sky or any other source for that matter. .

None of this explains how or why a mountian cries. It may sound a bit metaphoric and it might be but the question is genuine. I know of a place in Arkansas where where water pours freely down the mountainside as it follows a well worn path to the road below. The native's say the mountian cries.

How does this happen? Is it possible a natural source of water was trapped when the mountain formed?
Every hear of cave springs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature