U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:25 AM

223 posts, read 217,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Do they seriously make fur coats out of cats ? Im vary wary of PETA and their propoganda they pour out.
yes ....they do make real fur coats out of cats & dogs.its also done in the usa.just go to http://furkills.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 03:41 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,698,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I have received letters, depicting how dogs & cats are killed in order for the meat to be tender, juicy (this is in Korea) and tasty, they believe in a slow, tortureous death. The pictures I have seen haunt me at night, they're the last thing I think about before I fall asleep. I have written numerous letters and boycott everything from Korea. And I would never wear fur, I've heard that even faux fur is real, if it's from China or Korea. Sick...sick...sick !
There was this big news investigation not to long ago, uncovering faux fur as being real, coming from dogs, cats, racoons...etc.
The merchandise was found at "upper quality" stores, like the ones found at a mall.
If I really have something fuzzy in my closet, it's either my two dogs being nosy....................................... or a trim on my jacket,where you can honestly TELL it's FAUX!
Don't need fur, don't want fur.....period!

Last edited by MB2; 06-18-2007 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-18-2007, 07:40 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,195,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james203 View Post
i try not to think of the asians eating cats & dogs..
So dont think about people wearing fur coats either.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:40 PM

1,930 posts, read 9,473,185 times
OMG! I just watched the IDA's new fur PSA and I feel sick now! I can normally watch just about anything, but I had to turn my head at least 4 times in that 30second video! How can people do that to a living thing?!?! How do they sleep at night?!?! I really, honestly had NO IDEA that was how they got fur! Well, I knew it came from animals obviously.. and thats why I have never and will never own anything with fur on it, but I really had no idea that they were that horrible! I had no idea that they would pick the poor things up by the tail or leg and smash them into the ground, beat their heads in, keep them in tiny, tiny cages out in the weather for their whole lives and literally skin them alive?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Thank you so much for what you are doing James.. I really had no idea that thats what happened to these poor animals! Wow! What can we do about this?? I don't live in Cali... if I did I would be right there in LA with you! I live in FL.. Is there anything I can do here to help in anyway?!.. I feel so sick! OMG.. If I ever saw anyone doing anything like that I would have to throw up first and then I would go nuts! I would either end up in jail for murder or attempted murder or I would end up getting killed! I would not be able to see someone do that and not do something about it! Now that I have seen that video I am not going to be able to sleep until I can do something to help in some way! When I was about 10 years old my family and I had gone out to eat, we got home and as we were walking to the door (it was dark outside by the way and it was the time of year when all of the little tiny baby frogs are around) my father accidentally stepped on a baby frog! I got soooooo mad at him! I mean you could hear it when he stepped on it! I started crying and I wouldn't talk to my dad for a few days! He didn't mean to step on it, he felt really bad and I just made him feel worse about it. I couldn't sleep that night and I still think about that from time to time! I don't even kill bugs! I will get them to crawl up on a piece of paper (I cant touch them because they kind of make me sick.. lol.. and I cant even look at a roach, I have to get my husband to get it outside) and set them outside.. not throw them, set them! I cant even stand it when my little brother-in-law messes with ants.. I just feel like its wrong! I know that sounds a little crazy, but I don't want to see ANYTHING die or be in any kind of pain!!! Even if its something as small (and nasty.. lol) as a bug! I just don't see how people can do that to ANY thing! That is soo horrible.. people like that must really be heartless!

Last edited by PitBullMommie1206; 06-19-2007 at 02:58 PM..

Old 06-20-2007, 10:43 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,698,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
OMG! I just watched the IDA's new fur PSA and I feel sick now! I can normally watch just about anything, but I had to turn my head at least 4 times in that 30second video! How can people do that to a living thing?!?! How do they sleep at night?!?! I really, honestly had NO IDEA that was how they got fur! Well, I knew it came from animals obviously.. and thats why I have never and will never own anything with fur on it, but I really had no idea that they were that horrible! I had no idea that they would pick the poor things up by the tail or leg and smash them into the ground, beat their heads in, keep them in tiny, tiny cages out in the weather for their whole lives and literally skin them alive?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Thank you so much for what you are doing James.. I really had no idea that thats what happened to these poor animals! Wow! What can we do about this?? I don't live in Cali... if I did I would be right there in LA with you! I live in FL.. Is there anything I can do here to help in anyway?!.. I feel so sick! OMG.. If I ever saw anyone doing anything like that I would have to throw up first and then I would go nuts! I would either end up in jail for murder or attempted murder or I would end up getting killed! I would not be able to see someone do that and not do something about it! Now that I have seen that video I am not going to be able to sleep until I can do something to help in some way! When I was about 10 years old my family and I had gone out to eat, we got home and as we were walking to the door (it was dark outside by the way and it was the time of year when all of the little tiny baby frogs are around) my father accidentally stepped on a baby frog! I got soooooo mad at him! I mean you could hear it when he stepped on it! I started crying and I wouldn't talk to my dad for a few days! He didn't mean to step on it, he felt really bad and I just made him feel worse about it. I couldn't sleep that night and I still think about that from time to time! I don't even kill bugs! I will get them to crawl up on a piece of paper (I cant touch them because they kind of make me sick.. lol.. and I cant even look at a roach, I have to get my husband to get it outside) and set them outside.. not throw them, set them! I cant even stand it when my little brother-in-law messes with ants.. I just feel like its wrong! I know that sounds a little crazy, but I don't want to see ANYTHING die or be in any kind of pain!!! Even if its something as small (and nasty.. lol) as a bug! I just don't see how people can do that to ANY thing! That is soo horrible.. people like that must really be heartless!
That's me you are discribing!!!!!
And I guess, sooner or later we'll both be sharing a cell together, for hurting someone mistreating animals.
You have a good heart, and it shows!
Please keep it up and never change, because the world needs more people just like you and me!!!!

Old 06-20-2007, 02:36 PM

10 posts, read 37,945 times
I hate fur coats even long before I knew what happened to the animals. After seeing video, stories and photos it just makes me sick. These animals do not deserve to be treated this way. No one has ever looked good in fur, never. Today people just stare at you wondering why you are wearing dead animals.
So many have to die for just one fur. Look at all those baby seals being clubbed to death, many skinned alive for their pelts and for what. For fashion.
That is not fashion to me that is murder.
China and all the asian countries will never get another dime from me. I have been boycotting them for years.

Thanks for supporting the NO FUR campaign. I know a lot of people have stopped wearing fur as soon as they found out what really happens. This has nothing to do with PETA it is the furriers that are killing. Peta is only helping make it public. They are not the only animal groups doing this, it is also the Humane Society of the United States, In defense of animals etc..

No one wants fur anymore the only one that should be wearing furs are the animals.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:55 AM

1,930 posts, read 9,473,185 times
Talking Thanks! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
That's me you are discribing!!!!!
And I guess, sooner or later we'll both be sharing a cell together, for hurting someone mistreating animals.
You have a good heart, and it shows!
Please keep it up and never change, because the world needs more people just like you and me!!!!
Haha! I was worried that people might read my post and think that I am nuts! I am glad that there are people that feel/ think the way I do! Thanks for your post!! That put a smile on my face!

Old 06-21-2007, 01:50 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,119,177 times
I think PETA started out with good intentions but has now been taken over by some real wack jobs. All their tactics makes me want to buy fur products. I have yet to figure out why they think getting naked will help their cause. It only turns people against them. It's all about the money.

People take people that act respectable serious. While this thing with the cats and dogs is repulsive it is no more repulsive then PETA handing out graphic pictures of mutilated animals to other people's children or putting animals above people. Sorry but I think PETA is just a group of crazies and it sickens me that they get our tax dollars to behave as they do.

The fact that those from PETA think it's funny to hurt people clearly shows there is something wrong with this group.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:55 AM

I live where there a a lot of hunters. Many people feed their family with the meat they get. I am all for it and if they can use the fur from those kills instead of throwing them away, more power to them.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:03 AM

7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA (http://www.petakillsanimals.com/article_detail.cfm?article=134 - broken link)

Peta Kills Animals (http://www.petakillsanimals.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156 - broken link)

PETA's Dirty Secret
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or