Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
No, it absolutely is NOT enough.

They could also have said they were from Mars, but that wouldn't mean anything.

You need to show documentation of some sort, and I know you can't. So at this point, BOTH of us are operating on assumptions.
Perhaps this is why Fremont passed this law, so it would be ok to actually get proof
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 11:37 PM

83 posts, read 185,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
I don't think this is something that should be up to little towns to decide. Immigration is a national security issue and something the federal government is required to handle, yet they do nothing about. Why do towns have to pass laws like this in the first place? Things like this should already be illegal and taken care of by the feds.
The feds don't want to offend anyone! I guess!

Old 06-22-2010, 11:42 PM

83 posts, read 185,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykatt View Post
To those of you supporting the illegal immigration, apparently you've never been to Caifornia. We are overrun by illegals and our taxes are some of the highest in the nation supporting these opportunists. They are criminals and nothing more and yes, have taken jobs from hard working Californians. My ex husband's business was destroyed by illegals.
Walk in someone elses shoes before you start crying your bleeding hearts songs.

Cheers for Fremont!
If I may ask, what kind of job did your husband have? I am in Cali too, and looking to get outta here soon! Amazing how people think those against illegals are racist! Some of the most racist groups out thre are in support of illegal immigration! Look at La Raza!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:45 AM

286 posts, read 535,448 times
His job was in construction as a contractor, he refuses to use illegals and look where that got him. He's seen it go from good to bad to worse thanks to contractors hiring illegals. The work these illegals do is shoddy too but the contractors don't care if they can get it cheap.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:47 AM

286 posts, read 535,448 times
Ah LaRaza! Remember Cruz Bustamonte and LaRaza? Makes me sick.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:22 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Perhaps this is why Fremont passed this law, so it would be ok to actually get proof
Could very well be. And that would be a good thing - if it actually works.

Part of the problem we have here is that there are far too many racist white people who automatically assuming that all Hispanics are "Illegal Mexicans", when in fact they are not. THAT is stupid an offensive, as well as blatantly racist. The overwhelming majority of Hispanics/Latinos who are here are fully legal.

On the other hand, if we can actually identify and weed out the real "illegals" it would be better for everybody.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:56 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Could very well be. And that would be a good thing - if it actually works.

Part of the problem we have here is that there are far too many racist white people who automatically assuming that all Hispanics are "Illegal Mexicans", when in fact they are not. THAT is stupid an offensive, as well as blatantly racist. The overwhelming majority of Hispanics/Latinos who are here are fully legal.

On the other hand, if we can actually identify and weed out the real "illegals" it would be better for everybody.
I think thats why the GOVT really doesn't want to touch it. They look racist and backwards, in a way most of us in the Black Community see this as being racist and based on ignorance. 5% of Hispanics are illegal the rest are hard working ppl. The fact that people think Mexicans make up the entire Latino population has the Latino Community divided. As my Costa Rican friend said , Mexicans are getting beaten up by Latinos. I think this whole issue is starting to destroy our country and i think were heading for a Race war.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:24 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I think thats why the GOVT really doesn't want to touch it. They look racist and backwards, in a way most of us in the Black Community see this as being racist and based on ignorance. 5% of Hispanics are illegal the rest are hard working ppl. The fact that people think Mexicans make up the entire Latino population has the Latino Community divided. As my Costa Rican friend said , Mexicans are getting beaten up by Latinos. I think this whole issue is starting to destroy our country and i think were heading for a Race war.
Hmmm... Good point. Actually, many good points.

I know white people who refer to everyone with black hair as "them danged illegal Mexicans," completely oblivious to the fact that many of them are from places such as Guatemala, etc., and oblivious to the fact that many of them are United States Citizens.

A couple years ago in Worthington, MM - another packing plant town - they had a huge ICE raid at the packing plant. Arrested 237 "illegals," which is a huge number. But in context, it needs to be noted that there are about 3,000 Hispanics living in & around Worthington, so 237 is a relatively small percentage of that. IN ADDITION, many of those 237 were released, because they were fully legal but simply did not have their "papers" with them when ICE did the raid at the packing plant.

Why does the Federal Government do nothing? Honestly, I don't know - other than that it's all political in nature. It's about money and votes, but how it all plays into this I don't know.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
We woke up one day with spanish speaking brown midgets everywhere and signs and esl and so on and on etc. What would anyone expect?

Old 06-23-2010, 10:59 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I think thats why the GOVT really doesn't want to touch it. They look racist and backwards, in a way most of us in the Black Community see this as being racist and based on ignorance. 5% of Hispanics are illegal the rest are hard working ppl.

The Government doesnt want to touch because they love cheap labor..
And dont want to alienate a growing demographic.
5% of hispanics are illegal?I would like to see the link on that info.
This country has 8-13 million illegals,thats only 5% of hispanic population?
Do you realize that an Immigrant getting 8$ an hour might also get..
More than 8$ an hour in benefits from the Government.
Add to the fact that they pay little in taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska