U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 03:29 PM

176 posts, read 865,212 times

Advertisements

How does MattDen have such a high reputation?? Has anyone checked to see if he has more than one user name? And Matt, do you have a job? I'm thinking you don't; maybe you should move to Omaha and get one since it's so wonderful there.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:56 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,646,494 times
Oh please! Now you're just acting foolish!

Yes, the best thing for a city to do is cut the bus systems, libraries, parks, and community centers!! Are you serious?? That's just ridiculous.

As far as your contention that Lincoln is lower middle class...again...an absurd statement. You are basing that statement on the fact that Lincoln is 3% below the national per-capita average. Well, first of all, 3% per-capita income represents about $100/month. When you factor in the much lower cost of living in Lincoln then the people are living a much more wealthy lifestyle then what is "average".

Lincoln is repeatedly listed in top 100 cities to live in...with criteria based on low crime, high relative pay, and low relative cost of living.

You can twist your little anecdotal facts around all you like...but all the experts disagree with you.

The bottom line is that you live in one of the worst neighborhoods in Lincoln and you some how act as though all of Lincoln is like that.

In a nutshell...you're completely and totally full of it. You're a liar and clearly carry an agenda. To suggest that Ashland (a town with a few thousand people) has as much to offer as a city with a major university, the state capital, and a population of 250,000 just makes you look silly.

Anyone who has lived in Lincoln or spent anytime in Lincoln knows you're completely misrepresenting the facts. I only hope that no one who hasn't visited Lincoln is listening to your baloney.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:00 AM

482 posts, read 2,037,524 times
Well I sure don't give him a positive rating. Maybe he has his friends clicking for him, that is if he has any friends. He could be using several user names to get his reputation up so high. After all I don't see where he is getting many positive remarks posted to his questions or remarks from the readers. Maybe they need a rating as a negative as well as the positive one, then we all could put him the hole real quick. It is okay to post your own personal opinions to this site no matter how far fetched they may be. If we have the right to rate a post as positive why can't we also rate a post as a negative.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:25 PM

Well I have to say that finding this site helped me find out a lot of details about the two areas I was researching. I got answers to my questions that only a local could answer. Unfortunately, some people have nothing better to do with their time than stir the pot, and MattDen is one of those. But to everyone else, thanks for your input- that's why this message board is here! (The husband is loving NE so far, by the way! He was pleasantly surprised at all the rolling hills, thinking it was a lot flatter there. He says the people are down-to-earth and friendly, and his crew works harder than his crew in WA State did- he's happy so far!!)

Old 07-11-2007, 12:58 AM

14,523 posts, read 7,565,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosnebbear View Post
Well I sure don't give him a positive rating. ... Maybe they need a rating as a negative as well as the positive one, then we all could put him the hole real quick. It is okay to post your own personal opinions to this site no matter how far fetched they may be. If we have the right to rate a post as positive why can't we also rate a post as a negative.
Actually there IS a way to rate a post as a negative, I have recently learned.
In the upper right hand corner of the comment box one sees a measuring scale. Click on that and you are able to give positive OR negative comments
or just mark it pos. or neg. without making a comment.

The little + symbol in the lower left corner gives a positive mark, but with no option to make a comment. Hope this helps!

I was in Lincoln four years ago and saw Many very nice and respectable neighborhoods; several of my cousins live there and none of their areas
are anything like what that person has described. . .;-)

Old 07-11-2007, 07:52 AM

Macrina,

Thank you guess old dogs can still learn something new. Guess now I will start rating MattDen as negative for his posts that are not even out in left field they are way past that point.

Well we do have some bad areas but nothing like he is saying. His posts are one sided, maybe becasuse something happen to him that he thought was wrong. Maybe someone did not agree with him and made him look foolish in front of other people. In this forum he is foolish, but at least no one can make fun of him in front of live people.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:57 AM

Just rated the lastest MattDen rant about Lincoln. He reputation was at 169 now it is at 168. So he can be rated for his negative posts and lose his reputation. Maybe I will go back to his other ranting posts and give him a negative rating for his way out of line posts as well.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:35 PM

1,394 posts, read 3,922,221 times
Sorry to say MattDen is no longer with us, he abused his rights on this forum, so you should not hear any more from him. I know this breaks many of your hearts, as what I have read, so you all can give me your positive rating for making your day. Have a good night all. Yorkie

Old 07-12-2007, 09:59 AM

Yay, Yorkie! You definetely get a point from me!

Old 07-12-2007, 09:42 PM

14,523 posts, read 7,565,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
Sorry to say MattDen is no longer with us, he abused his rights on this forum, so you should not hear any more from him. I know this breaks many of your hearts, as what I have read, so you all can give me your positive rating for making your day. Have a good night all. Yorkie
Just wondering. . .as the author of the question is not around now, and as no one is discussing the question, can this thread be laid to rest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or