U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 01-05-2011, 02:03 PM

943 posts, read 2,170,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
I wonder when they upgraded? They were still mono when my husband was their overnight DJ in the mid 90s.

Nonetheless, KCSR is a small station with a strong connection to the community. Seriously, they're your best bet.
i think they upgraded to AM Stereo sometime after the browns bought the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-07-2011, 02:53 PM

205 posts, read 197,912 times
Quote:
Browns?
No, Brown bought the station in the early 90's, I think 91. My brother in law (who was not my brother in law at the time) was the GM. My sister (who has pretty much always been my sister) worked in sales. Your hubby D.E.?

Unread 01-07-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAEL J View Post
No, Brown bought the station in the early 90's, I think 91. My brother in law (who was not my brother in law at the time) was the GM. My sister (who has pretty much always been my sister) worked in sales. Your hubby D.E.?
You are correct at saying 1991 was when the Brown's bought the station. They often refer on chadrad.com to KCSR being "locally owned" since 1991, so I assume that's when Kathi and Dennis bought it.

Unread 01-12-2011, 05:07 PM

2,051 posts, read 2,481,601 times
Quote:
Nope, T.P.
Probably the only cowboy they ever had on the air. lol He was only there for a couple of years. 93-95.
In fact, he lost his job because they automated the graveyard shift.

Your BIL... Chris? (I think that was his name...)

Unread 01-13-2011, 12:29 PM

205 posts, read 197,912 times
Quote:
Nope, T.P.
Probably the only cowboy they ever had on the air. lol He was only there for a couple of years. 93-95.
In fact, he lost his job because they automated the graveyard shift.

Your BIL... Chris? (I think that was his name...)
I do remember when they automated. I was living in NE Colorado at the time. BIL is Richard.

Unread 01-14-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
I do remember when they automated. I was living in NE Colorado at the time. BIL is Richard.
I think KCSR is live and local 6am to 7pm weekdays

KVSH in Valentine has someone on duty 6am to 10pm 7 days a week.

KBRB in AInsworth is live/has someone on duity 6am to 6pm or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska