U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 01:21 PM

947 posts, read 3,358,522 times

Advertisements

I've posted on here before regarding the same topic, just with regards to different towns.

I know this may sound like an "odd" question/request, so let me explain.

I am looking for someone who would record one of the local radio stations on cassette tape and mail them to me. I will supply the cassettes and a postage paid return envelope.

You see, I have no illwill meant or alterior motives.. i simply love hearing local, small town stations and their programming. I've worked at "small market" most of my career and that;s what I enjoy.

Anyone is welcome to email me, walkerbroadcasting@gmail.com if they can help or have any questions.

2 of the local radio stations don't stream at all and one only streams during news/information programming, with no streaming during music programming. I'm largely interested in hearing music programming.

And I don't usually contact the station directly for something like this because most radio stations these days are so stretched thing, they don't have time for extra things like this.

Your best bet would be to email me privately rather then post here.

Thanks!
Paul
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 03:27 PM

15,180 posts, read 26,039,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerUser000 View Post
I am looking for someone who would record one of the local radio stations on cassette tape and mail them to me. I will supply the cassettes and a postage paid return envelope.
Why not do it yourself? KCSR-AM in Chadron broadcasts over the internet and there is a link on the left side of their webpage. Based on their schedule and the two days that I spent a couple years back in Western Nebraska, I think that you will enjoy the programming as it is nearly all local.

Chadrad.com

Hope that helps.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Why not do it yourself? KCSR-AM in Chadron broadcasts over the internet and there is a link on the left side of their webpage. Based on their schedule and the two days that I spent a couple years back in Western Nebraska, I think that you will enjoy the programming as it is nearly all local.

Chadrad.com

Hope that helps.

KCSR is the station I'm referring to, the one I want the recording of.. but they don't stream their music programming.. which IS what I'm looking for

Old 01-02-2011, 05:17 PM

2,707 posts, read 5,668,714 times
Personally, I would contact KCSR directly. I'd be really surprised to find that they're not interested in helping you. They're a small-town station that is locally owned.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
Personally, I would contact KCSR directly. I'd be really surprised to find that they're not interested in helping you. They're a small-town station that is locally owned.
I might try that... eventually. But, I work in radio and know how busy most stations are, so i tried to go another route first.

There are people around the country who trade recordings of radio stations, but almost never are they anywhere near the small towns I'm interested in hearing radio stations from.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:17 PM

2,589 posts, read 9,842,884 times
I'd also recommend calling the station, if not them then maybe the college, and if not them then maybe the local radio shack (since they'd have the stuff to do it with). Just a few thoughts.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
I'd also recommend calling the station, if not them then maybe the college, and if not them then maybe the local radio shack (since they'd have the stuff to do it with). Just a few thoughts.
I prefer to just find some average person on a board like this first, then I go the route of bothering someone at a business.. also trying to locate an AM Stereo capable radio since KCSR 610 broadcasts in AM Stereo.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:21 PM

I wonder when they upgraded? They were still mono when my husband was their overnight DJ in the mid 90s.

Nonetheless, KCSR is a small station with a strong connection to the community. Seriously, they're your best bet.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:00 PM

209 posts, read 387,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
I wonder when they upgraded? They were still mono when my husband was their overnight DJ in the mid 90s.

Nonetheless, KCSR is a small station with a strong connection to the community. Seriously, they're your best bet.
Small world Fred. My brother-in-law managed the station and my sister worked there back in the 90's.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:50 AM

Browns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska