Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:18 AM

9 posts, read 24,500 times

Advertisements

What do you think of Norfolk, NE?
Has anyone been to the Christmas Carol Dinner Theater at Divots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 01:19 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,148,966 times
I like Norfolk, although I haven't lived there I have just visited. Divots is really nice so I'm guessing the Dinner theater would be fun.

Are you looking to move to Norfolk?

Old 10-30-2008, 01:28 PM

I've lived in Norfolk my entire life. I just wanted to know what other people thought of the town. Personally, I love it. I love the simplicity of the driving. I like the food places. I like how relaxing Norfolk is in general.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:47 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,148,966 times
Thats great and welcome to city data! We have actually had a couple of couple of small family reunions in Norfolk. We did it at Divots and always enjoyed all it had to offer. We have also enjoyed the parks in town. Norfolk is also where my wife got her wedding dress! Worth the drive when we could save a couple hundred dollars. With it being such a regional center I always enjoyed their shopping options also.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:53 PM

2,177 posts, read 3,548,072 times
Wife and I get into Norfolk monthly I would say. The city has a very nice mall. Plus plenty of other shopping opportunities also. Nice eateries in town. Folks have always been pleasant we thought.

Never have stopped at Divots yet, its on our way into town and always thinking of getting the errands done first. Then we sort of forget about the place when it comes time to eat as we drive by other places. We used to really like the Granary there for food, but it must be under new management or something, it sure isn't what it used to be.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhills Guru View Post
Wife and I get into Norfolk monthly I would say. The city has a very nice mall. Plus plenty of other shopping opportunities also. Nice eateries in town. Folks have always been pleasant we thought.

Never have stopped at Divots yet, its on our way into town and always thinking of getting the errands done first. Then we sort of forget about the place when it comes time to eat as we drive by other places. We used to really like the Granary there for food, but it must be under new management or something, it sure isn't what it used to be.
Yeah actually the Granary is under new management. I was disappointed. The food at The Veranda at Divots is pretty expensive, but I hear it's delicious. I recommend going to the Christmas Carol dinner theater this Christmas... It's funny and the food is great.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:50 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,688,622 times
My Grandparents live up in Pierce County near Plainview so we always drive thorough Norfolk on the way and visit my Great Aunt and eat at the Granary.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:05 AM

79 posts, read 205,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
My Grandparents live up in Pierce County near Plainview so we always drive thorough Norfolk on the way and visit my Great Aunt and eat at the Granary.
Scary, for you, but I'll bet we are related! LOL

Old 05-26-2011, 11:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,136 times
Smile Moving to Plainview, Nebrask

I have been to Nebraska several times and personally I Love Norfolk....Alot of opportunities and tons of fun....But now I'm hitting a Big Speed Bump...My fiance and I are looking for a place to hold a Western Wedding, Does anyone know of any nice places?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabes View Post
I like Norfolk, although I haven't lived there I have just visited. Divots is really nice so I'm guessing the Dinner theater would be fun.

Are you looking to move to Norfolk?

Old 05-27-2011, 07:25 AM

3,340 posts, read 9,688,622 times
Hahahahahahaha Plainview? How coincidental! My grandparents live there. I'm sure there is a place you can hold one. Perhaps ask the Plainview Historical Society, they own a few buildings on the South end of town. My grandparents are coming down today so I'll have to ask them if they have any ideas and I'll get back to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska