U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 AM
 
Location: South Central Nebraska
350 posts, read 632,511 times
Reputation: 285

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydve76 View Post
I worked at McDonalds (Havelock area) when I was 16 and I actually had people threaten to kill me because I messed up their hamburger. This happened a lot back then.
However, I can also attest that there are lots of trashy people in Nebraska, especially in North Platte, Havelock, and North Lincoln. There are always going to be trashy people everywhere and it depends on where you live.
Agreed North Platte, Lexington, Grand Island, parts of Omaha, don't know much about Havelock and North Lincoln are not the nicest parts of Nebraska. But then again not liking big cities I may be biased but there are other cities/big towns I like better like Kearney or Lincoln.

 
Old 08-11-2011, 10:17 AM
 
Location: South Central Nebraska
350 posts, read 632,511 times
Reputation: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydve76 View Post
Did you move to Florida then move back?
South Carolina and have visited or talked to people from Florida - but I would throw most of the southern states into the same boat.
 
Old 08-11-2011, 10:18 AM
 
45 posts, read 94,764 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCentralNEGuy View Post
South Carolina and have visited or talked to people from Florida - but I would throw most of the southern states into the same boat.
Then you actually didnt even need to respond in my thread. I asked if anyone had moved to florida therefore trying to limit the people who I wanted to respond.

However, I am intersted in South Carolina as well. Care to share about that?
 
Old 08-11-2011, 10:37 AM
 
Location: South Central Nebraska
350 posts, read 632,511 times
Reputation: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydve76 View Post
Then you actually didnt even need to respond in my thread. I asked if anyone had moved to florida therefore trying to limit the people who I wanted to respond.

However, I am intersted in South Carolina as well. Care to share about that?
Sorry but there are people who know a lot more about it than you even if they haven't lived there because they've done their homework - you need only look at average wages, the climate statistics, angry posts from people who live there, average housing prices, home insurance costs, the unemployment rate to know why you should be cautioned against moving there.

No I would not - I don't NEED to respond to anyone's thread particularly not if they are blatantly RUDE SC's statistics would compare to Florida's along with terrible schools and job discrimination for not being "from there." Same story across the Southeast its not exactly the most welcoming region of the country to "non-natives". SC and the rest of the Southeast away from the coast's consolation price is lower cost housing and good food but thats about it.
 
Old 08-11-2011, 10:41 AM
 
45 posts, read 94,764 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCentralNEGuy View Post
Sorry but there are people who know a lot more about it than you even if they haven't lived there because they've done their homework - you need only look at average wages, the climate statistics, angry posts from people who live there, average housing prices, home insurance costs, the unemployment rate to know why you should be cautioned against moving there.

No I would not - I don't NEED to respond to anyone's thread particularly not if they are blatantly RUDE SC's statistics would compare to Florida's along with terrible schools and job discrimination for not being "from there." Same story across the Southeast its not exactly the most welcoming region of the country to "non-natives". SC and the rest of the Southeast away from the coast's consolation price is lower cost housing and good food but thats about it.

The only being rude is you. I would appreciate it if you left my thread as you do not know anything about florida, and especially since youe have NEVER lived there.
 
Old 08-11-2011, 12:31 PM
 
1,054 posts, read 1,839,579 times
Reputation: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydve76 View Post
The only being rude is you. I would appreciate it if you left my thread as you do not know anything about florida, and especially since youe have NEVER lived there.
Florida's unemployement rate is 13.1%. Although I hear it is a 'different' kind of unemployment. You should move there from our hostile 4.1% unemployment and the overrated fortune 500 and 1000 companies and stastically high standard of living. You will find that even though Florida's business climate statistically sucks that it will 'feel' better when you are there.

 
Old 08-11-2011, 12:38 PM
 
45 posts, read 94,764 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahahonors View Post
Florida's unemployement rate is 13.1%. Although I hear it is a 'different' kind of unemployment. You should move there from our hostile 4.1% unemployment and the overrated fortune 500 and 1000 companies and stastically high standard of living. You will find that even though Florida's business climate statistically sucks that it will 'feel' better when you are there.


Oh have you lived there? Answer: No. So please leave as well. As in my OP, I asked if anyone has moved there, that implies not you.
 
Old 08-11-2011, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Northeast NE
696 posts, read 1,502,787 times
Reputation: 283
This thread is just a waste.

 
Old 08-11-2011, 12:50 PM
 
45 posts, read 94,764 times
Reputation: 25
Replace troll with trolls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe_T3K View Post
This thread is just a waste.
 
Old 08-11-2011, 12:51 PM
 
1,054 posts, read 1,839,579 times
Reputation: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe_T3K View Post
This thread is just a waste.
Word
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top