U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 12:51 PM

45 posts, read 94,380 times

Advertisements

Anyone else care to share their preconcieved notions about something they nothing about and have no experience in doing?

I've never moved to Florida but I can tell you all about it because I'm auwsome and from Nebraska!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 01:05 PM

163 posts, read 321,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydve76 View Post
Anyone else care to share their preconcieved notions about something they nothing about and have no experience in doing?

I've never moved to Florida but I can tell you all about it because I'm auwsome and from Nebraska!!!
Your attitude won't inspire respect from a lot of people, you have to understand that. It's not right at all, but you have to have noticed that trend by now. It's really no skin off your back to just ignore them, though. I've had people try to lecture me about my home state, people who have never been there, people who have never lived there. And they want to argue about quality of life with me. Oh well. Water off a duck's back. It's not worth getting into a heated argument. I just ignore such comments and shrug them off. Who cares? If you're getting responses you feel aren't helpful, just ignore them. It'll at least keep things civil.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:14 PM

45 posts, read 94,380 times
I've gotten the information I need. I'm just giving the lifeless geeks something to do. I left for several days and they kept at it right here in my little thread and elsewhere I am sure.
One of my favorite quotes from a movie, called "signs"

"Morgan, this stuff is just about a bunch of nerds who never had a girlfriend their whole lives. They're like thirty now. They make up secret codes and analyze Greek mythology and make secret societies where other guys who never had girlfriends can join in. They do stupid crap like this to feel special. It's a scam. Nerds were doin' it twenty five years ago and new nerds are doing it again. " - Merrill from signs

Old 08-11-2011, 01:24 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,833,631 times
Let's try this again...

He is calling us trolls and aerthlu is saying we are completely disrespecting him. We are being told by somebody who has lived here for four years that we are showing our true colors and don't inhibit (mockingly) the Nebraska way.

To the OP. At this point I can see how you have already convinced yourself that your life cannot get any worse than how you have it here. It doesn't matter what is in Florida at this point, it just getting away from our state that matters. So good luck and I hope you manage to find an ounce of happiness in Florida.

I'm done with this.

He writes:

What I hate:
Job market sucks, small town thinking even in the big towns.
Nothing to do, no water, no moutains, no amusements, no tourist stuff.
Extreme weather. We get lots of heat and severe winters. I HATE winters that severe. I get seasonally depressed because of them.
potholes
high taxes that dont proportionately benefit anyone.
Theres NOTHING to do here. I know people in florida say the same thing about Florida, but seriously am I exagerating saying that Nebraska is boring? I guess if you like stream fishing you may be happy. dont say hunting because unless you know someone it aint happening.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:38 PM

350 posts, read 630,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahahonors View Post
I'm done with this.
I agree. I'm not posting on this thread again and hope that the moderator closes it.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:59 PM

300 posts, read 1,055,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydve76 View Post
aerahrtlu: Thanks for your kinds responses. Your response coupled with a few others I am taking seriously. The SC guy and Granny person live on this board talking trash all day long.

I have to disagree that this has anything to do with Nebraska. I see this on many boards about a variety of subjects. There are people with no lives who just gang up on anyone, twisting what they say, feeding them false information, and trying to internet bully them.

They do this for "fun" and in a vane attempt to boost their self esteem. Its sad but before the internet these people basically started nerd clubs with decoder rings. Now they just flock to the bulletin boards.

It would not suprise if both SCGuy and Granny do not even live in Nebraska, or the US for that matter! I say instead of doing all that go to the gym instead!

Once again, thank you!
By saying this you're flaming the fire dude. I actually respect SCGranny and happen to know that she does, in fact, live in Nebraska.
No need to disrespect and call out anyone.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:12 PM

300 posts, read 1,055,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahahonors View Post
Let's try this again...

He is calling us trolls and aerthlu is saying we are completely disrespecting him. We are being told by somebody who has lived here for four years that we are showing our true colors and don't inhibit (mockingly) the Nebraska way.
The OP has gotten way out of line.

I wasn't necessarily sticking up for "him", I was just trying to say that the overall sarcasm, snark and condescending tone of posts surprised and shocked me.
While it's the usual behavior on most forums, I've usually seen pleasant, respectful and helpful posts here on the Nebraska side.
I just thought we were mostly all above of this, and I was saddened to find out that even those I most respect would act in a way I thought was below them.
Does that make sense?
I was trying to be peaceful and helpful is all. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I was just trying to be a good person.
There's enough hate in this world.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerahrtlu View Post
The OP has gotten way out of line.

I wasn't necessarily sticking up for "him", I was just trying to say that the overall sarcasm, snark and condescending tone of posts surprised and shocked me.
While it's the usual behavior on most forums, I've usually seen pleasant, respectful and helpful posts here on the Nebraska side.
I just thought we were mostly all above of this, and I was saddened to find out that even those I most respect would act in a way I thought was below them.
Does that make sense?
I was trying to be peaceful and helpful is all. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I was just trying to be a good person.
There's enough hate in this world.
I completely misunderstood you. You are right about too much garbage and hate in this world.

I apologize to you.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:23 AM

4,178 posts, read 9,415,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerahrtlu View Post
By saying this you're flaming the fire dude. I actually respect SCGranny and happen to know that she does, in fact, live in Nebraska.
No need to disrespect and call out anyone.
Thank you, aerahrtlu. After the OP's response to me, I saw him for exactly what he was. Some people start threads for other purposes than their stated intentions, and do not want honest responses, which is what I gave initially. Once he got immediately rude, snarky and sarcastic, I merely told him off and left him alone.

I moved to Nebraska 3 years ago to get away from the SE; I lived and worked there for 20 years, as well as traveled all over the country in the last 10 years of that, in my business. NCentralNEGuy followed me; we did not know each other prior to our moves, but 'met' and have spoken privately numerous times on this board since he arrived. We are both more than familiar with the area. Those who insist otherwise, and have to insult, deride, and impugn others and their opinions merely to heighten their own self-worth are not worth responding to.

I am sorry you are moving to California, aerahrtlu. Not because you are going to California but because you are leaving Nebraska. You have been an excellent friend and conversationalist here, even when we disagree , and I hate to 'lose' you.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:26 PM

I agree with SCGranny. I will miss aerahrtlu greatly from this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska