U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 08-30-2011, 08:34 PM

2,648 posts, read 3,288,152 times
August has been a record setting month for rainfall so bring your umbrella.
Record rainfall reported in Lincoln

GL2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-07-2011, 05:05 PM

9 posts, read 6,324 times
Be advised that Omaha has a better concert and entertainment scene. It's only an hour away via I-80. Look into the Old Market area. That said, there are a lot of things to do in Lincoln also. Look to the Haymarket for restaurants / bars, or a fun farmer's market on Saturday mornings. Cultural events tend to revolve around the University. Check out the Lied Center for shows or the Ross theater for indie films. There is also a steady stream of UNL student and faculty recitals if you enjoy serious music. The Zoo bar has great blues most every weekend. The bike trails are excellent for running or biking.

You really should go downtown during gamedays, just for the atmosphere if nothing else. Football tickets may be sold out, but that doesn't mean that you can't get a pair for a reasonable price. Especially for the non-"Important" games. It's quite a spectacle. Wear red.

There's also a great airshow this weekend (9/10 - 9/11). The Blue Angels are here, along with WWII warbirds, and lots of other exhibits.

I would guess that your boyfriend's associates at UNL will be pretty social too. Take advantage of that to meet new people and have some fun.

Besides, you may not be Lady Gaga, but now you have a "cool Nebraska Guy" too.

Unread 09-07-2011, 06:06 PM

9 posts, read 6,324 times
Sorry, I forgot to mention the Qwest center in Omaha. It's in the mainline concert rotations and is 70 minutes from my driveway. I caught Dave Matthews there last fall and the aforementioned Lady Gaga was there last spring. Katy Perry will be there in a few weeks. Omaha also has a very good indie music reputation. We tend to think of Omaha as being a long way away, but it's a shorter drive than my brother has to see a concert from his home in suburban Chicago.

If that gets old, you can see the NFL, MLB and MLS in Kansas City, 3 hours from my doorstep.

Unread 09-20-2011, 07:47 PM

3 posts, read 1,292 times
I moved to Lincoln two years ago after being born and raised in California. I was skeptical at first but two years later I love it. I loved it so much I became a Realtor. It amazes me daily that the American Dream, owning a home is possible in Nebraska. In California I never dreamed to own a nice home in my youth but now it would be the same cost as renting. Lincoln has low unemployment and booming industry. Of course the snow is something I still have to conquer (more mentally than anything else) but I have come to appreciate Lincoln. Lastly I highly suggest signing up for livingsocial and groupon in Lincoln, so many great local deals! I live in the south side of Lincoln but I know alot of areas are growing and even the older downtown is full of history as far as living goes.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska