U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-21-2011, 07:51 AM

455 posts, read 1,176,018 times

Advertisements

I'm debating applying for a job that is available in Sidney, although that is not my desired location. I do want to be in or near Wyoming and/or Colorado, but jobs are not panning out there in those locations. Sidney would be choice B. I know nothing about Sidney, but the idea of living in the middle of nowhere doesn't sound appealing. But it could be a step to get me closer to where I want to be. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 06:30 PM

4,179 posts, read 5,751,495 times
"middle of nowhere"? You're a hop, skip, and a jump (an hour and a half) from Cheyenne, and only 3 hours from Denver! You're an hour and a half from some of the best skiing, fishing, and boating (as well as pure clear water) at Lake McConaughy. You would be dead center in the middle of shows, museums, and eclectic living on the west, with the absolutely stunning beauty of nature (not to mention some upper-end motels and restaurants) in the east. You will meet a steady flow of all sorts of folk, from hunters and ranchers to college students and partiers; Sidney is famous for its Oktoberfest. With a little less than 7,000 people in the city, you are surrounded by farms and cattle ranches. The air is clean and sweet, the folks are friendly and educated, and Sidney is a progressive little town in its own right.

Would I move there? No. WAY. I chose a town of 145 people, as far away from people as possible, on purpose. Sidney is not my preference (of course I don't like Denver either). I AM in the "middle of nowhere" - Sidney isn't even close!! LOL But if you work at Cabela's, someday you might meet me!

The property and living expenses are probably far less than you would encounter in Cheyenne or Denver, too, BTW. If you want to save money for a place in either WY or CO, Sidney would be a good place to start... and a good home base to be in, if you wanted to go look at property on your days off.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:59 AM

26 posts, read 27,738 times
No way I would want to lie in Sidney. Being that close to THE Cabelas would lead me to divorce. All kidding aside it would be a great place to live and work. SCGranny is right, you are not far from where your preferred areas of Wyoming and Colorado.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:37 AM

455 posts, read 1,176,018 times
I totally agree with SCGranny! I just wanted to make sure all the info I've found, which SCGranny noted, were true. Might be in the middle of nowhere on a map but it definitely serves what I'm looking for. If Cabela's wants a quality person to add to their quality business, I am a perfect fit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska