U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2006, 02:29 AM

2 posts, read 4,981 times

Advertisements

Am seriously considering relocating to the Pawnee County area - probably Pawnee City. Am a retired Police Officer from Ohio and have lived in small communities most of my life - know the benefits and drawbacks of small community life. Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of Pawnee community? At age 64 the availability of doctors/hospital is important, as well as local merchants and library. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2006, 11:29 AM

482 posts, read 2,037,714 times
Default Pawnee County

There is a limited service hospital in Pawnee City. If it is a real problem you will be taken to one of the other hospitals, most likely to Tecumseh which is north of Pawnee City 20 miles. Tecumseh County Hospital has a good hospital as the new high tech prison is located just north of Tecumseh. There is a local library but I don't know how good it is. They do have a share a book program where you can request a bood from another larger library and they will get it for you. The town is the county seat and is just short of having a population of about 1000 people. If you want to know more just email me at kosnebbear@yahoo.com

Welcome to Nebraska if you come. One retired police officer to another.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,490 times
Default Pawnee City

Go to Pawneecity.org to see actual pictures of the town and information. The fact is that the town is known for its medical facilities and is a designated trauma center and a rural family practice clinic. Go to the website and then email questions, there is a link on the site or mail me. A lot going on.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:16 AM

394 posts, read 930,309 times
You will also have "Larry the cable guy" as your neighbor.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:46 PM

2 posts, read 4,981 times
Default A "positive", I hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
You will also have "Larry the cable guy" as your neighbor.
Not sure of the meaning of this post - a "positive" I hope! I have done extensive research and find that Nebraska is NOT a very "tax friendly" state to retirees (as are several Southern states)! Will be relocating Spring of '07 - Pawnee County is still "high on my list" - plan on a visit to several prospective locations before making the move. Thanks for the reply.......

Old 02-10-2007, 04:01 AM

482 posts, read 2,037,714 times
Larry the Cable Guy is a very outspoken kind of stand up comedian. You can catch some of his lines by watching Blue Collar Comedy. He was in the movie Larry the Cable Guy Health Inspector and was the voice of Mator which is the wrecker in the aminated movie Cars. He has a home in Florida and south of Lincoln next door to Bill Callahan the head football coach for Huskers.

As for being "tax friendly" state to retirees, it is friendly only to the interests of the special interest people of the state. They don't care how much money it takes they want it and they find some way of getting it. Right now they say that Nebraska is close to being the fifth highest taxed based state. Guess as we can't be in the top ten in football we need to make the top ten in something so why not in being taxed.

Welcome to Nebraska.

Old 05-05-2007, 04:23 PM

6 posts, read 25,050 times
I have youth track meets down in Pawnee City every summer and love heading down there. I have always found Pawnee City very inviting and the people are extremely heplful. Also Tecumseh, Nebraska (abt. 30 miles north), is also a very nice town.

Old 05-05-2007, 04:26 PM

6 posts, read 25,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosnebbear View Post
There is a limited service hospital in Pawnee City. If it is a real problem you will be taken to one of the other hospitals, most likely to Tecumseh which is north of Pawnee City 20 miles. Tecumseh County Hospital has a good hospital as the new high tech prison is located just north of Tecumseh. There is a local library but I don't know how good it is. They do have a share a book program where you can request a bood from another larger library and they will get it for you. The town is the county seat and is just short of having a population of about 1000 people. If you want to know more just email me at kosnebbear@yahoo.com

Welcome to Nebraska if you come. One retired police officer to another.
My aunt lives in Tecumseh, across the street from the hospital there, and she is very happy with the services that they offer to her, but once in a while, they do have to make a trip to a Lincoln hospital for some things. This is a very nice area of Nebraska, and I am very fond of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or