Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 08:39 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,276,554 times

Advertisements

I'd still like to move here, due to the pleasant summer temps combined with the reasonable winter temps. It's just too damn cold where I'm at. Unless there's jobs that pay 15 bucks or more an hour though, I'll bear it out here for a while yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 05:49 AM

232 posts, read 302,260 times
I just moved to Scottsbluff and back to the dry air. I live near downtown (2blks) and it's ok and what I expected. It's a 9-5 downtown with only one really good coffee shop (Cappuccino Expresso). It's a good walking dntn and I bicycle. ONE alarming thing I've discovered: they let their dogs roam free or unleashed. We have a dog leash law but basically ignored by some of the lazy couch-potato residents who don't want to exercise their 'pets' and/or 'pooper-scoop' them. I've been run down once and have had two near run downs. I've called the police (have to have your cellphone on you: told by the police) and have had two owners cited. I've ordered a "dog horn" to repel them. I'm scared to go out at night. I didn't move to Scottsbluff to be bitten or mauled by a gd dog! Mail carriers carry "cayenne spray" with them and encounter many dog bites I was told. If they fail to use their spray and are bitten guess what?: they are FIRED! It's a dog's world in Scottsbluff and we have to push-back against these animal rightists!

Old 01-10-2018, 05:50 AM

324 posts, read 877,003 times
I know this is an old thread but I have to laugh at the lies and misinformation. Scottsbluff is a horrible dysfunctional place. Mostly due to the he disgusting racist, ignorant socially inept population that lives here. The only good thing going for this place is the affordability of the college and cheap rent.

There are a few single women crawling around but ALL are single moms with personality disorders, some kind of addiction or just not attractive.

If you are a good decent single man you will be in hell. This is also NOT a good place to raise a family. The schools are a joke, ignorant parents raise ignorant kids. Education is non existent. Teachers don’t care and neither do students. Kids quickly fall into drugs because of boredom and the unlimited bad influences.

Jobs are hard to come by unless your in medical.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE...and region if you are a good person. I know my post is negative but it’s honest. This place is not the paradise previous posters have made it out to be.

Another thing.....Scottsbluff does NOT have reasonable winters. Streets are not well cleared temps are commonly 0 or in the negatives...winter is a miserable hell here. Summer is beautiful and the bluffs provide a fantastic skyline. Sunsets In The summer are breathtaking but those small visual perks are not enough to save this crummy pit of scum.

Last edited by League54; 01-10-2018 at 06:02 AM.. Reason: More to add

Old 01-11-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
I know this is an old thread but I have to laugh at the lies and misinformation. Scottsbluff is a horrible dysfunctional place. Mostly due to the he disgusting racist, ignorant socially inept population that lives here. The only good thing going for this place is the affordability of the college and cheap rent.

There are a few single women crawling around but ALL are single moms with personality disorders, some kind of addiction or just not attractive.

If you are a good decent single man you will be in hell. This is also NOT a good place to raise a family. The schools are a joke, ignorant parents raise ignorant kids. Education is non existent. Teachers don’t care and neither do students. Kids quickly fall into drugs because of boredom and the unlimited bad influences.

Jobs are hard to come by unless your in medical.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE...and region if you are a good person. I know my post is negative but it’s honest. This place is not the paradise previous posters have made it out to be.

Another thing.....Scottsbluff does NOT have reasonable winters. Streets are not well cleared temps are commonly 0 or in the negatives...winter is a miserable hell here. Summer is beautiful and the bluffs provide a fantastic skyline. Sunsets In The summer are breathtaking but those small visual perks are not enough to save this crummy pit of scum.
Well League...no negativity...all TRUE. If you want to be amused read the "google review" I gave for my corrupt landlord (past mayor) at "A & L Inc." I only frequented "Cappachino and Company" on Broadway and ate weekly at "The Shed." Meridith and her staff are sweethearts serving the best 'comfort food' in the Bluffs. But had to get out after 1 year. Why?: 30% retired. I was asked by a woman at C & C why I was leaving after only 1 year? I replied: "I don't want to DIE here!" Pueblo is great...I have all of the services I need and very progressive VS the mean Red state of NE. I'm paying a whole lot less for heat too! $150 last Jan in the Bluffs...now $37/month with Xcel. Nebraska Power is a HUGE rip off!!! One more plus though: The used book store on Broadway owned by Tom Perkins ("Prairie Studio"). He's got a diverse collection of books that TOPS the ignorant LIED Library. LIED IMO is Christian and racist...but Tom Perkins said they were looking for a new head librarian.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:47 AM

34 posts, read 53,612 times
Is it humid in the summer there?

Old 03-26-2018, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattypaw View Post
Is it humid in the summer there?
The quick answer is YES. Even though you're in a tristate area there and past the humid zone (about midway N & S in South Dakota) the 'Bluffs does get some rain and has a lush-green look. You have to go into Wyoming or Colorado to get away from that. Also be prepared for the spiders and flies due to the close in "feed-lots" so say the natives. The flies are VERY aggressive even in the town's only coffee shop (or any restaurant) downtown. Bug detector lights do not help. I stayed 1 year and glad I'm OUT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska