Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:09 AM

884 posts, read 1,033,328 times

Advertisements

Got this in my e-mail the other day, thought it was kind of funny.
Attached Thumbnails
Husker Football? What Happened?-pecal.bmp  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 4,830 times
Default HUSKERS, what?

Tom Osborne is not God. If you wanted a geriatric patient to coach your football team go to an old folks home and you can get all you want. Are the huskers going to be playing flag football now? Maybe then they could win or maybe they will play better than the team is right now.

My neighbor's peewee football team could beat the Huskers? T.O. is not a miracle worker and oh by the way, BOOOOO Huskers!!

Old 10-20-2007, 07:39 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,009,835 times
Tom Osborne is not COACHING. He is the athletic director, who happens to be one of the most successful all time coaches in college football history. The fact that you can't handle that is just too bad. Admittedly, NU is having a bad year, well, enjoy because it won't last long.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:01 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,333,090 times
They need to go back to the option, and get a few really tall receivers. That way in case their option is not working the QB or RB can also just toss the ball in the air for their tall guys to catch.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:59 PM

300 posts, read 1,179,135 times
I hope the Husker's can get turned around. Watching them play has been painful lately. I've lost my voice numerous times yelling at the tv screen.
One of their players said that the reason they are playing crappy is that it's not fun anymore. That's just sad.
I don't know what TO can do for the Huskers, but I hope he'll do something great! Of course, the turnaround won't happen over night.
I know some people that were expecting us to turn around and play a great game yesterday. TO hasn't even been here for a week. Give it time.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:35 AM

193 posts, read 1,027,877 times
I heard that they have a new coach in line to take over Bill C as head coach! I don't know how true it is but I heard Mr."P" is coming back to Lincoln. Have any of you heard the same thing? And if so I heard it could happen as early as next week....but you know how rumors fly...I will believe it when I see it.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:05 PM

yeah idk if that's true or not but also have heard a little about that as well. Pelini and Gill have both been mentioned several times.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:19 AM

635 posts, read 1,746,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Did you see him at the press conference today? He wasn't even wearing Husker colors..
The colors don't reflect his coaching ability or allegiance(lol). Nebraska has gone downhill because of poor recruiting in the past years, college football is all about recruiting. College football recruiting is the double edged sword, it can make or break your squad. Callahan led the Raiders to the Super Bowl, the guy can coach offense, he has solid credentials, but they definently need a new Defensive Coordinator. He needs players, and the state of Nebraska isn't exactly a heavily populated state, so you have to compete in other states for recruits. Pete Carroll figured out if he could gather all the Los Angeles recruits from the snare of other Pac-Ten schools he would be a winner, and look at the guy. The problem may be in Callahan's ability to recruit.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
The colors don't reflect his coaching ability or allegiance(lol). Nebraska has gone downhill because of poor recruiting in the past years, college football is all about recruiting. College football recruiting is the double edged sword, it can make or break your squad. Callahan led the Raiders to the Super Bowl, the guy can coach offense, he has solid credentials, but they definently need a new Defensive Coordinator. He needs players, and the state of Nebraska isn't exactly a heavily populated state, so you have to compete in other states for recruits. Pete Carroll figured out if he could gather all the Los Angeles recruits from the snare of other Pac-Ten schools he would be a winner, and look at the guy. The problem may be in Callahan's ability to recruit.
I'm guessing you aren't from Nebraska are you? Nebraska football has always been half recruiting and half walk on. The walk-on program is what fueled competition and development of players. Players would work their butts off for four years just to play one play of punt coverage.

Currently, Callahan has recruited quite well; however, he can't develop the talent to a division 1 competitive level.

I will say though, there is much much more wrong than meets the eye.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:13 AM

193 posts, read 1,027,877 times
[quote=Steve_W;1826154]

I'm guessing you aren't from Nebraska are you? Nebraska football has always been half recruiting and half walk on. The walk-on program is what fueled competition and development of players. Players would work their butts off for four years just to play one play of punt coverage.

Currently, Callahan has recruited quite well; however, he can't develop the talent to a division 1 competitive level.

I will say though, there is much much more wrong than meets the eye.[/QUOTE

I agree. I do believe they will bring back the walk on program with TO there. This was one of the main reasons the football program was so unique and attracted so many talented yet unknown football players. Many things need to be changed but I still believe that Tom C. needs to go and I am quite confidant that he will. We are loosing so many recruites at this point and I am concerned that we are going to just loose more and more. Is it such a great idea to wait and announce a new coach after the season or should they do it sooner so the recruites know what is going on? Who knows, they might even be telling the recruites and just asking them to keep it quiet. I dread watching the game this weekend. I feel so sorry for our players with all of what is going on. But I am a devoted fan and will always watch and support the huskers!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska