U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-17-2013, 08:13 PM
 
Location: Southwest Nebraska
1,297 posts, read 4,134,238 times
Reputation: 895

Advertisements

What the he77 happened to make the gas prices skyrocket? Back in March when gas spiked they said they shut refineries down for maintanace which they usually do now, but prices should go back down and stay down.

But nooooooo, they are higher now than ever before. Here in North Platte it is higher than in California according to Gas Buddy.

Three weeks ago it was 3.32 then overnight it jumped about 10 cents each day for couple days. Yesterday morning it was 3.67 and 8 hours later it was 3.99. Some stations are 4.27.

I drive 11000 miles/month for my job so this is killing me and I don't get fuel incentive from huge company I work for.

In Chadron it is only 3.13 and highest is 3.39.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-17-2013, 08:47 PM
 
Location: IN
20,786 posts, read 35,823,153 times
Reputation: 13210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Mann View Post
What the he77 happened to make the gas prices skyrocket? Back in March when gas spiked they said they shut refineries down for maintanace which they usually do now, but prices should go back down and stay down.

But nooooooo, they are higher now than ever before. Here in North Platte it is higher than in California according to Gas Buddy.

Three weeks ago it was 3.32 then overnight it jumped about 10 cents each day for couple days. Yesterday morning it was 3.67 and 8 hours later it was 3.99. Some stations are 4.27.

I drive 11000 miles/month for my job so this is killing me and I don't get fuel incentive from huge company I work for.

In Chadron it is only 3.13 and highest is 3.39.
I read a few refineries in the Great Lakes region are down for scheduled maintenance in the present time, but don't know if the ripple impact has spread as far west to dramatically impact much of Nebraska. It also depends on the commodites market and how much the speculators are manipulating the price of a barrel of oil minus any supply and demand issues... 11,000 miles a month? Is that a misprint? WOW. I was reading it as 1,100 at first. Yes, hopefully prices will go down. Gasbuddy also shows $4.10-4.30 a gallon in Minnesota so a price spike on a regional scale looks to be occurring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2013, 05:54 AM
 
Location: Southwest Nebraska
1,297 posts, read 4,134,238 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I read a few refineries in the Great Lakes region are down for scheduled maintenance in the present time, but don't know if the ripple impact has spread as far west to dramatically impact much of Nebraska. It also depends on the commodites market and how much the speculators are manipulating the price of a barrel of oil minus any supply and demand issues... 11,000 miles a month? Is that a misprint? WOW. I was reading it as 1,100 at first. Yes, hopefully prices will go down. Gasbuddy also shows $4.10-4.30 a gallon in Minnesota so a price spike on a regional scale looks to be occurring.
Yes, 11000/mo. I am independent contractor and drive a 2012 Dodge minivan 545 miles/5days/week. Bought Jan. 9, 2013 and have 50,000 miles so far. I get 26 to 29 mpg in perfect conditions but paying 1800/ mo for gas now and 3 weeks ago 1360/ mo. Most companies pay gas incentives but our company pockets it and we eat it. I won't do it much longer if this keeps up though.

Last edited by Bigg Mann; 05-18-2013 at 05:55 AM.. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2013, 11:37 AM
 
Location: IN
20,786 posts, read 35,823,153 times
Reputation: 13210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Mann View Post
Yes, 11000/mo. I am independent contractor and drive a 2012 Dodge minivan 545 miles/5days/week. Bought Jan. 9, 2013 and have 50,000 miles so far. I get 26 to 29 mpg in perfect conditions but paying 1800/ mo for gas now and 3 weeks ago 1360/ mo. Most companies pay gas incentives but our company pockets it and we eat it. I won't do it much longer if this keeps up though.
I would think prices will be going down in the next few weeks, hopefully. The energy speculators keep bidding the price of a barrel of oil up to nearly $100 now that the stock market has been on a torrid run so we have that to contend with as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2013, 07:28 PM
 
Location: so cal
1,110 posts, read 1,948,952 times
Reputation: 1034
Be thankful you are in Nebraska. Here in Commifornia I paid $4.07 today for 87 octane regular. At least you don't have the stupid plastic snorkle on the end of your pumps. Oh my the emmisions!!!!!!They feed us lines of crap here every year, oh prices are up because refineries are switching to the winter blend or the summer blend. @#%%%*** I can't wait to move back to the midwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2013, 12:57 AM
 
Location: Chicago
3,340 posts, read 8,688,982 times
Reputation: 1215
Yeah, there are 3 refineries shut down right now, and one is expected to be back in a week, the other's haven't been announced according to the OWH. But, they said by July, we would see prices back down to 4$. Which scares me, since that implies they are going to go a lot higher. Oh the times I wish Nebraska had good transit...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2013, 07:27 AM
 
Location: Southwest Nebraska
1,297 posts, read 4,134,238 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
Be thankful you are in Nebraska. Here in Commifornia I paid $4.07 today for 87 octane regular. At least you don't have the stupid plastic snorkle on the end of your pumps. Oh my the emmisions!!!!!!They feed us lines of crap here every year, oh prices are up because refineries are switching to the winter blend or the summer blend. @#%%%*** I can't wait to move back to the midwest.
Thats cheap, it is 3.99 for 85 octane, 4.27 87, 4.69 premium. I paid 3.19 in extreme northern Nebraska yesterday, but 20 mile north to Dakota's it is in 4.00 plus range again!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2013, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Nebraska
1,885 posts, read 2,285,010 times
Reputation: 5319
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
Be thankful you are in Nebraska. Here in Commifornia I paid $4.07 today for 87 octane regular. At least you don't have the stupid plastic snorkle on the end of your pumps. Oh my the emmisions!!!!!!They feed us lines of crap here every year, oh prices are up because refineries are switching to the winter blend or the summer blend. @#%%%*** I can't wait to move back to the midwest.
What is this plastic snorkel thing you mentioned? Sorry I avoid California, and am not up on this stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2013, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Nebraska
1,885 posts, read 2,285,010 times
Reputation: 5319
I just filled up in Ashland. Regular was $4.11 and premium was $4.50. I do believe that this is the highest I've seen it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2013, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Nebraska
4,231 posts, read 7,241,537 times
Reputation: 6679
A hint: Keystone pipeline.
GL2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top