Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 07:09 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,516,992 times

Advertisements

If you have been to any of the Nebraska wineries please post a small review of what you liked/didn't like about them. I've only been to Soaring Wings in Springfield and have thought about taking small afternoon trips to some of the others. Would love to know folks' thoughts.

(also if you know of some just into Iowa (say within 75 miles of Omaha mention those too).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 07:12 PM

884 posts, read 1,023,524 times
Great thread Dave!

Sugar Clay Winery - Thurman, IA

Up in the Loess Hills in a thick tree setting. Long deck walkways and great wine.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:51 AM

482 posts, read 2,218,827 times
Brownville, Nebraska on US Hwy 136 east of Auburn on the Missouri River. You will be going to a historical town as well. There are others in southeast Nebraska as well.

Whiskey Run Creek

Go to the winery that is just southwest of Lincoln at Denton Nebraska as well.

Nebraska Winery Vineyard Denton NE Wineries Vineyards Handmade Red & White Wines

Take a trip to Raymond Nebraska which is northeast of Lincoln to the winery there.

James Arthur Vineyards--Nebraska's Largest Winery

Here is a link that you might like as it deals with Nebraska wineries.

Vintage Nebraska - a wine-inspired journey.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:06 PM

98 posts, read 393,585 times
Talking Yummy, Yummy Wine

I have to agree with kos, the Brownville winery is very nice. They give wine tours and part of it is in this underground cave/cove where during prohibition beer was kegged and stored to keep cool. They also show the distilling process, etc. The winery sits on nice property above/next to a small creek w/a waterfall. Their apple wine is awesome. In the underground part, it is pretty small but there are tables bcs people rent it out for small parties/gatherings.

There are two in NE City as well, I have only been to one of them tho, it's on the junction from hwy 75 over to I-29 (maybe that is still HWY-2??), also have a nice view and outside deck. They serve cheese, bread, and small hordouvres w/their wine, for a small fee of course.

The winery in Thurmont is very nice also. I get emails from them all the time bcs they have live entertainment quite frequently and serve dinners w/wine tastings, usually like $10.00 p/p. I like this one bcs you can see the grape fields from their deck, they also serve food with their wine tastings.

I have a wine tour brochure and the winery in Glenwood should be opened up by now and many others close to Omaha. I am at work, so I do not have it on me, but will post more later.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Brownville Winery

Hey, I saw a commercial on Fox 42 last night that was advertising for Dick Stitch Reality out of Auburn, NE---he's trying to sell Whiskey Creek Winery in Brownville.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:00 AM

884 posts, read 1,023,524 times
I wonder why?

Old 11-07-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Whiskey Run Creek

Ya know, I'm not quite sure. I know that the owners were a father/son duo, so I don't know if has anything to do with that or if the remoteness of the winery does not generate enough business. It's a great winery, but I'm not sure how much tourism Brownville generates. The few times that I have been there, I did see cars w/out of county plates (mostly Omaha), but I have no clue how often people pass through Brownville and actually stop or how many people go there on day trips.

I am not even sure if the winery is still open, until it is sold, or if it is closed. Anyone know?

Old 11-07-2007, 11:43 PM

3,940 posts, read 14,666,641 times
Prairie Berry Winery of Hill City, SD.
Voted "Best Winery East of the Rockies!"

It may not be Nebraskan, but it's DELICIOUS!

Prairie Berry Winery : Home

Old 11-11-2007, 08:19 AM

2,589 posts, read 10,516,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Prairie Berry Winery of Hill City, SD.
Voted "Best Winery East of the Rockies!"

It may not be Nebraskan, but it's DELICIOUS!

Prairie Berry Winery : Home
Thanks. I may be up in Chadron in the spring, so will keep this one on the list since it would be a quick trip over.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:23 AM

3,940 posts, read 14,666,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Thanks. I may be up in Chadron in the spring, so will keep this one on the list since it would be a quick trip over.
It really would be worth the quick delay. They give a great tour of their facility and a free sample bottle of your choice. It was very interesting to see how a Midwest Winery works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska