U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2007, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 14,736 times

Advertisements

What do people think of living in Nebraska City? Good & Bad. I know it's small, but what about being young & single there? I'm guessing probably not real exciting? I may have to live there in the next couple months because of a new job and would appreciate any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 06:41 PM

1,821 posts, read 4,628,987 times
Saw no one has replied yet, I am no expert on Nebraska City (only visited), but I'll give you what I can. It is a beautiful town right on the Missouri approx 50 miles to Lincoln, 50 miles to Omaha and 140 to K.C. It is the home to Arbor day and the Arbor Lodge is a beautiful place to visit. Its has a new Wal-mart, quite a few fast food and a little outlet mall. It probably won't be exiciting for a single, but the cities I mentioned aren't too far for entertainment. Here is a link that might help.

Nebraska City - Home of Arbor Day

If you look at the very botton there is a link for relocation info. If you come, welcome to Nebraska.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:06 PM

98 posts, read 362,782 times
I wouldn't choose Neb. City, that's just me personally though. I grew up 20 miles south of Neb. City and never really liked the feel of the town. Yes, there are interesting shops and historical value to Neb. City, but as far as living there, it's not for me. Have friends that live there, and they like the atmosphere. They have a 3 theatre movie complex and a few bars, but that's about it for night life. Majority white, high hispanic population, not much diversity. Population 10 - 15 thousand, small town mindset/atmosphere for the most part.

Not trying to be negative, just my personal thoughts. What job, if you don't mind answering, is bringing you to Neb. City? Good luck and welcome.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:06 PM

276 posts, read 713,435 times
I spent a great deal of time in NC. MY dad was born there and my relatives go way back. I always thought that it was a nice town, but that was years ago. Also, I would also ask the same question as the previous writer: What job is it? I am not aware of a great deal of employment in old NC.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:36 PM

2 posts, read 23,996 times
I moved here to ne, 1 year agofrom ca,
inlaws said there are jobs,cost of living is cheaper and healthier life style...
Theres no jobs! Cost of living cheaper? How without work $$$$$?
Healthier life style? I have began to smoke & drink because of bordum & depression!
Good luck finding a social life!
This was the worst desition i could ever have made!!!!
Now im stuck here!!!!!!

Old 01-06-2010, 12:44 PM

2 posts, read 23,996 times
IT probably won't be exiciting for a single person? ITS NOT EXICTING FOR A COUPLE/FAMILY...unless you were born & raised in NE,!
AND NEVER SAW TV ,READ THE NEWS ,LISTENED TO RADIO BASICALLY KNEW WHAT THE OUT SIDE WORLD WAS/IS DOING!
PEOPLE ARE VERY ODD HERE!!! UNLESS THEY KNEW YOUR LAST 5 GENERATIONS THEY TOTALLY SHINE YOU!!!!!!
VERY ODD BEHAVIOR HERE....LITTLE/NO SINCE OF HUMOR ....
I TRIED TO MAKE THIS WORK OVER 1 YEAR NOW.....IT JUST ISNT!!!!!

Old 01-06-2010, 05:58 PM

10 posts, read 35,045 times
Sorry KELLYTOOLZ your having such a bad time. I just moved back after being gone for over 20 years and love it so far. I didn't think I would want to but after living on the East Coast for the past 6 years this is great. Cost of living and raising a family were the main points to moving here. Omaha is only 40 min away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or