Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2014, 09:39 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,927,062 times

Advertisements

Since I had never worked (or shot sporting clays) in Nebraska, when my boss said somebody needed to go, I jumped at the chance.

You always here about how flat Nebraska is, but really the drive from Omaha to Lincoln is thru some pretty lush rolling hills. And corn fields, lots and lots and lots of corn fields. The town of Lincoln is a pretty small college town but there is a fun section called "The Haymarket" with quite a few bars and restaurants.

About an hour north of Lincoln is Oak Creek Sporting Club in the town of Brainard Oak Creek Sporting Club, Brainard, NE . In So Cal our clubs are open during the week, but in Nebraska they're open (during the week) by reservations only. I emailed them and they said "no problem".

I talked with Jim (xsshooter on shotgunworld.com) and we met up there, one day after work. To say Oak Creek is in the middle of nowhere would be an understatement. It's actually the next exit past the middle of nowhere

They have two 10-stations courses, red and green. We couldn't decide which one to shoot, so the only viable choice was... to shoot both of them.

I was really impressed with the courses. The red course reminded me of Upland Hunt Club in Rockford (IL), and believe it or not, the green course reminded me of Grouse Ridge in Wasilla (AK). The targets were good, and we shot both courses as true pairs, just to spice things up a little.

Afterwards we went to the thriving metropolis of Brainard (population 330). They have a church, a fire station, a VFW hall, a bar and a HUGE grain silo. Which one do you think we went to?

I think I may need go back in the fall for a little more "work". Now when is pheasant season again?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 09:40 PM

Old 05-18-2014, 09:41 PM

Old 05-18-2014, 09:46 PM

Old 05-25-2014, 06:21 AM

978 posts, read 2,052,789 times
Sporting clays is a lot of fun, but I found it to be very challenging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska