Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 09:37 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,685,087 times

Advertisements

Holy Cow!!
We stopped at the New Victorian Inn in York on our way to Valentine Friday night. We really didn't want to go out, the weather was so iffy - so we looked in the desk drawer at the motel and found some menus from some local restaurants that delivered. The one we picked was "Chances R". We really didn't expect a whole lot for what we paid, but omigawrsh it was wonderful! The fried zucchini/mushroom combo was excellent, and the steaks were great - the whole dinner including the carrot cake was delectable.

On our last visit 2 months ago to Valentine we ate at the Bunkhouse and Cedar Canyon Steakhouse, and they are both really good - the Bunkhouse has soups to die for, and the salad bar at Cedar Canyon is different and excellent as are the steaks and prime rib. In Cody, the Husker Hub has thick delicious Angus burgers with curly fries and onion rings that are simply - well, perfect.

If I eat more than once a day here I'll get round as a radish!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 05:17 AM

2,707 posts, read 6,231,719 times
Quote:
the Bunkhouse
Long ago and far away, the Bunkhouse was Home Oil Cafe. It was a legend.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:15 PM

3 posts, read 8,393 times
My favorites are Lee's Restaurant in Lincoln (famous for their incredible fried chicken) and Denton Daily Double Steakhouse in Denton. Great prime rib.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:15 PM

4 posts, read 9,949 times
Surf Side or Runza for me

Old 07-09-2008, 11:47 AM

212 posts, read 901,379 times
I live in Lincoln, and there are some really good restaurants here. If you would like to go to some fancier restaurants that don't serve fast food, you should try La Paz. I really like their cream cheese enchiladas. You can have these as a vegetarian version or with chicken. They also have really good chilli rellenos and seafood enchiladas. Another one of my favorites is Crabby Bill's, a seafood restaurant. I really like the fried seafood platter, which includes oysters, shrimp, tilapia, and a soft-shell crab. The steamed shellfish platter is really good too, which includes clams, snow crab legs, shrimp, and mussels.
Raising Cane's has the best fried chicken in Lincoln. Runza is also a good choice.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:53 PM

2 posts, read 9,942 times
Default really?

Poor you missing your fried chicken... Leave your jeans at home, get some decent clothes and go to a restaurant; you are in one of the greatest cities regarding food in this planet!.

Here, some ideas for you: Bogota Eating Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfarmer View Post
Trust me people, there are two great places to eat you will not want to miss.(Just a little off the beaten path) Stockmans Bar and Grill, Amherst, Nebraska. Tubs Pub in Sumner, Nebraska. Owned by two brothers. Best chicken fried steak and best prime rib from any where on the planet. Friday and Sat nights. Go early. They really draw a crowd forom miles around.I am writing this from Bogota, Colombia. Food here sucks ! And yes I was from Amherst, NE.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:45 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,553,346 times
Best Walleye dinner in the Omaha metro area is the fish place on the backside of Offutt... take that back road and just past the runway and over the rail tracks you take a left towards the river...

Old 01-29-2009, 01:37 PM

2 posts, read 7,473 times
Thumbs up best food

Taco Town is a very popular spot in Scottsbluff, Ne on W 27th st. It is a privately owned family business. People from all over the country eat there. New York, florida, Alaska,Colorado, Wyoming, Tennessee, california, oregon, and several more locations. People get orders of food by the dozens,even raw, to take home with them. It is a very unique taste with everything. It is all made from family recipies**. I used to work there, I love their food. I still eat there all the time! haha. They have great mexican food and friendly service.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:37 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,148,003 times
I have a new favorite pizza place. I finally got a chance to try Wave Pizza Company in GI and it was very good.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:18 PM

2,177 posts, read 3,547,467 times
Pretty hard to beat one of Nebraska's Recreation/State Park (especially in the sandhills) areas sitting around a campfire listening to a steak sizzle on the crate with corn on cob roasting on the side. Then knowing you will have to foce yourself to eat those smores later on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska